Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Samsung X4300 M2-1114 jams

Having issues with M2-1114 jams on a Samsung X4300, paper stop just inside the fuser. Only happens from the MP tray, trays 1 and 2 work fine.

Also with the MP tray when you load paper and get the detection message it always detects as A6 paper size, jamming still occurs when changed to A4 as is loaded. Not sure if this is related to the jamming but customer says they started happening at the same time?

Anyone and ideas on this one?

Thanks

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung X4300 M2-1114 jams

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemac76 View Post
    Having issues with M2-1114 jams on a Samsung X4300, paper stop just inside the fuser. Only happens from the MP tray, trays 1 and 2 work fine.

Also with the MP tray when you load paper and get the detection message it always detects as A6 paper size, jamming still occurs when changed to A4 as is loaded. Not sure if this is related to the jamming but customer says they started happening at the same time?

Anyone and ideas on this one?

Thanks
    Its probably related to the size issue. As the paper size determines length of time waiting between each sensor to detect paper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just posted a issue similar to this on another post try this fix I posted to see if it corrects your issue.

There is no auto detect on the MP tray on this model. In the past we usually firmware update to fix this issue. However do make sure when you set paper size option you are not logged in as admin. Settings for admin and settings for regular users (logged out) are set differently. Do double check your firmware from hp.com under support. If that doesn't work try to do a backup HDD image from another working 4300 and re-image your HDD on the trouble machine.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I just posted a issue similar to this on another post try this fix I posted to see if it corrects your issue.

There is no auto detect on the MP tray on this model. In the past we usually firmware update to fix this issue. However do make sure when you set paper size option you are not logged in as admin. Settings for admin and settings for regular users (logged out) are set differently. Do double check your firmware from hp.com under support. If that doesn't work try to do a backup HDD image from another working 4300 and re-image your HDD on the trouble machine.
    The MP tray does't use the same paper sensor size assy that you get for Tray 1 and Tray 2, but it does detect automatically the paper size. The sensor is integrated into the MP tray assy. This is listed under the Paper Handling Specifications in the manual [More specifically the sensor is referenced as the MPF width detection sensor in later sections and it sits above the tray empty detection sensor]

The error code itself was introduced with a later revision of firmware [I might be mis-remembering the actual code number, but it was the fuser wrap jam that was introduced], so I don't think upgrading the firmware will make any difference. You could downgrade it to the older revisions, but that wouldn't solve the physical jams.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ah I just remember from samsung training school the trainers said the MP trays do not detect paper size.

Another thing that may be causing your jaming issue check this attachment I know the error is a bit different but I cant even find your error code in the service book.