Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Samsung SL-X4300 MP tray problem.

I have found on these copiers when you reload the MP tray the paper size resets to A4 (or if you are a yank Letter) and does not stay on the size I set it to.
    Is there a way to stop the copier from doing this?
    Firmware is up to date.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung SL-X4300 MP tray problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kyotechnz View Post
    I have found on these copiers when you reload the MP tray the paper size resets to A4 (or if you are a yank Letter) and does not stay on the size I set it to.
    Is there a way to stop the copier from doing this?
    Firmware is up to date.
    The MP Tray automatically detects the paper size. Maybe there is a problem with your paper size sensor assy. If you set it so there is a confirm message for paper size after auto-detect and then when you fill the tray just select "cancel" instead of confirming the new papersize of A4.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There is no auto detect on the MP tray on this model. In the past we usually firmware update to fix this issue. However do make sure when you set this option you are not logged in as admin. Settings for admin and settings for regular users (logged out) are set differently. Do double check your firmware from hp.com under support. If that doesn't work try to do a backup HDD image from another working 4300 and re-image your HDD on the trouble machine.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    There is no auto detect on the MP tray on this model. In the past we usually firmware update to fix this issue. However do make sure when you set this option you are not logged in as admin. Settings for admin and settings for regular users (logged out) are set differently. Do double check your firmware from hp.com under support. If that doesn't work try to do a backup HDD image from another working 4300 and re-image your HDD on the trouble machine.
    I commented on another post by yourself, but there is infact automatic size sensing on the MP tray. I think the cause of confusion here is that it doesn't use the Paper Size Pba/Assy part that is listed for Tray 1 and Tray 2. It has a separate sensor integrated into the MP tray assy listed as the MPF width sensor. I've also never seen where printer defaults are differentiated based on the logged in user, but that could be due to different operating environments.

Firmware could well be a good solution, if something quirky is going on in the printer. Samsung photocopiers do have a certain amount of jankness to their firmware, probably relating to poor design choices when it came to dealing with how the storage devices are managed for the firmware.