Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Samsung Multi Xpress M5370lx failed HD. Question about partition format and recovery

Hello! I have a Samsung M5370LX printer. I have diagnosed the problem as hard drive failure. From what I have read, I can replace the HD with any mechanical drive that doesn't have to be 320GB. Does the new HD have to be formatted or partitioned GPT or MBR before install? I tried to use 2 different hard drives and the printer stated there was no HDD mounted. I do not have the HD image file for this printer. I do however have a backup file I created a few months back from the GUI of the printer. It is only around 900kb so I am not sure if that is the operating system or just settings. Where would I be able to locate a copy of an HD image for this printer? Thanks for any help in advance.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung Multi Xpress M5370lx failed HD. Question about partition format and reco

The drive wil get partitioned when you install the relevant firmware files afaik.

I believe people have had problems in the past using drives with a different size to that of the manufacturer's default.

The backup file is just your settings.

Re: Samsung Multi Xpress M5370lx failed HD. Question about partition format and reco

So I should use a 320GB mechanical drive (Toshiba preferred?) with unallocated space. Install HD and the printer will format and partition for me as long as I have firmware or image files as you mentioned? Do you happen to know where I can obtain these recovery files? I tried Samsung/HP website and there is nothing available. There was an FTP site mentioned in a previous post on this forum. I checked there and didn't see my specific model. Are there other models software that i could use that would work for my printer? Thank You.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samm5370lx View Post
    So I should use a 320GB mechanical drive (Toshiba preferred?) with unallocated space. Install HD and the printer will format and partition for me as long as I have firmware or image files as you mentioned? Do you happen to know where I can obtain these recovery files? I tried Samsung/HP website and there is nothing available. There was an FTP site mentioned in a previous post on this forum. I checked there and didn't see my specific model. Are there other models software that i could use that would work for my printer? Thank You.
    Yes 320GB , manufacturer doesn't really matter.

To your second question, best to ask someone who is willing to provide it or find it online. Otherwise, your local ASC would have it, but they'd probably charge.

The firmware is specific to model series. So the X4220RX and X4300 uses the same firmware, but the X4300 and X7400 use difference firmware. So you'd be looking for a file labeled up as M5730 most likely. or M5xx

I haven't located M5730 or M5xx files online. I will keep searching. Is it possible to obtain these files from another working M5730? I could clone the hard drive or is there some backup feature within the GUI of the M5730 to copy the image files needed? Thank you very much for all the information you have provided thus far.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung Multi Xpress M5370lx failed HD.  Question about partition format and recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Samm5370lx View Post
    I haven't located M5730 or M5xx files online. I will keep searching. Is it possible to obtain these files from another working M5730? I could clone the hard drive or is there some backup feature within the GUI of the M5730 to copy the image files needed? Thank you very much for all the information you have provided thus far.
    no you will have to install you can't copy a HDD due to options installed.

sounds like you need to hire a tech