Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Unhappy CLX-9201 bootloop

Hi everybody.

I received from a customer a samsung c9201 due to a strange printing issue (I might come to this in a later thread). I saw that the firmware was never got updated so I proceed downloading the latest firmware and started the update. All went great 100% completed and after the first reboot the machine is now stuck in bootloop on the samsung logo! I've been through all internet searcing for solutions but sadly nothing works. Stage that I am now is if I press * 0 # I go into a menu telling me "ready to receive firmware". I also got from the ftp the .ehd files as well as the 3 tar.gz uupd_solaris, uupd_hpux and uupd_aix. Trying with the usblist2 (windows 10 x64) sending .hds file stucks in 84078592/435212580 and sending the .ehd gives me file error. No idea how can I proceed flashing/unstucking from that state...

Thanks in advance,
    Ari
    Last edited by aristos87; 10-10-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Technician

Re: CLX-9201 bootloop

So some updates... I managed so far to access the printer via SyncThru. Sadly the admin/sec00000 is not accepted so I can't login. As the display is stuck on samsung logo I don't know how to reset the password here. I saw online that using the Easy Printer Manager on Advanced Tab shall allow me to load default settings. Sadly the Easy Printer manager provides only the status and the menus like Device Settings etc. are not available. At the end I found an instance of the SyngThru Web Admin Service. There it allowed me to go to the maintainance Tab and reach the "Firmware Upload" option. In chrome didn't work at all so I had to open it with internet explorer. After trying to upload either .ehd or the .hds file (600 and 400mb accoringly) at the end I got "File too big" error. I am running out of options... Any ideas?

Technician

Found it! If you just take the that UI firmware and put it on a usb after you pressed the * 0 # and let it there, eventually it will update the firmware of the touch panel. The file done the job was V5.16.00.33.00_2015022623.hd and I found it here: 정전식 clx-9201 ui입니다. : 네이버 블로그

Thumbs up Re: CLX-9201 bootloop

Quote Originally Posted by aristos87 View Post
    Found it! If you just take the that UI firmware and put it on a usb after you pressed the * 0 # and let it there, eventually it will update the firmware of the touch panel. The file done the job was V5.16.00.33.00_2015022623.hd and I found it here: 정전식 clx-9201 ui입니다. : 네이버 블로그
    hi guy could you so kind to sned me the firmware or share a link where I can download it? thanks in advance

Technician

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Hi everybody.

I received from a customer a samsung c9201 due to a strange printing issue (I might come to this in a later thread). I saw that the firmware was never got updated so I proceed downloading the latest firmware and started the update. All went great 100% completed and after the first reboot the machine is now stuck in bootloop on the samsung logo! I've been through all internet searcing for solutions but sadly nothing works. Stage that I am now is if I press * 0 # I go into a menu telling me "ready to receive firmware". I also got from the ftp the .ehd files as well as the 3 tar.gz uupd_solaris, uupd_hpux and uupd_aix. Trying with the usblist2 (windows 10 x64) sending .hds file stucks in 84078592/435212580 and sending the .ehd gives me file error. No idea how can I proceed flashing/unstucking from that state...

Thanks in advance,
    Ari
    Firmware version is different between the boards. If you can boot into recovery do that then hard wipe and rebuild. Otherwise replaced HDD.

Only the retail printers use sec00000 as a default, the photocopiers have the password setup on first power up, and then potentially changed later on. You have to reset that in the service mode, but if you are rebuilding it anyway, it will be part of the initial setup process.

Thank you for this info. I however have CLX-9301 model. Do you have any idea where I could get .hd file for it? It may actually be the same as 9201.

When you press *0# and insert usb - do you see any progress bar or anything? How long do you usually need to wait for update to complete?

Regards,
    Gregor

I have the same issue. In my case the model is CLX 9301 and it is somewhat of a bootloop. I can hear initialization of the motors and I even removed and tested the HDD and and can hear it working. I have tried the firmware load option with 3 files and none of them seem to work. Just see the FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD MODE Ready to Receive Firmware... screen but no progress.
    Tried:
    -Samsung_CLX-92x1_93x1_Series_V6.P6.03.EC1512.10.hds
    -System Recovery CLX_9301_9201_EV11.11.14.09_FS11.01.00.00.71.ehd
    -UI Recovery V5.16.00.33.00_2015022623.hd

Nothing seems to take. How does one get the older firmware being referred to. The firmware that bricks the machine is what is available from HP direct which is Samsung_CLX-92x1_93x1_Series_V6.P6.03.EC1512.10.hds. I have seen a few of the OPE pwb available online but they are far away and pricey. If firmware can solve this issue can someone please provide a link to older version that will restore UI functionality please.

Thank You

Technician

You have to try the above. Use a small usb stick the smallest and the oldest you have. Format it FAT32 and try with only one file V5.16.00.33.00_2015022623.hd and the * 0 #. Wait quite some time. After you recover the UI on the display the rest should work or you can recover them one by one.

Regards

I had used the very file you provided from Google Drive UI Recovery V5.16.00.33.00_2015022623.hd however perhaps it was the USB thumbdrive I was using a 4GB.

I did notice this in the service manual just now:

Question
    No.34
    Is there a force-firmware mode for Polaris?
    Answer There is a force-firmware mode for Polaris Color only. You can go into force-firmware mode by turning on
    the machine while opening the front door and right door and pushing the power button