Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Samsung M2825DW stopped working - all lights flashing

My Samsung M2825DW (part of Samsung Xpress M262x M282x Series) printer suddenly stopped working. Three seconds after pressing the power button, all lights are permanently flashing while the printer is unresponsive. Pressing and/or holding different buttons didn't help, only pulling the power cord. It makes no difference whether the USB cable is connected to a PC or not, in each case all lights are flashing. I also tried another power cable, but without success.

The printer always worked flawlessly, was rarely used and wasn't damaged by a power failure or the like.

The strange thing with this issue is, that occasionally the printer starts working! The printer boots as usual and you can actually print, but if you turn it off and then turn on, all lights are on again and nothing works again So after several times of pulling the power cord, then plugging it in and powering the printer on, you can be lucky and it starts working, but the downside is that you have to do up to 50 times until you'll get a lucky boot.

Here's a video from another guy, who claims that it happened after inserting a new toner, which isn't the case in my situation, it just stopped working randomly: Samsung xpress m2825nd error after install new toner need help - YouTube

Would be great to find a solution, because I still have 2 new toners for it and the printer does its job well, if it boots up correctly.

Has anyone experienced something similar and been able to fix it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Samsung M2825DW stopped working - all lights flashing

Re: Samsung M2825DW stopped working - all lights flashing

Quote Originally Posted by sojusnik View Post
    My Samsung M2825DW (part of Samsung Xpress M262x M282x Series) printer suddenly stopped working. Three seconds after pressing the power button, all lights are permanently flashing while the printer is unresponsive. Pressing and/or holding different buttons didn't help, only pulling the power cord. It makes no difference whether the USB cable is connected to a PC or not, in each case all lights are flashing. I also tried another power cable, but without success.

The printer always worked flawlessly, was rarely used and wasn't damaged by a power failure or the like.

The strange thing with this issue is, that occasionally the printer starts working! The printer boots as usual and you can actually print, but if you turn it off and then turn on, all lights are on again and nothing works again So after several times of pulling the power cord, then plugging it in and powering the printer on, you can be lucky and it starts working, but the downside is that you have to do up to 50 times until you'll get a lucky boot.

Here's a video from another guy, who claims that it happened after inserting a new toner, which isn't the case in my situation, it just stopped working randomly: Samsung xpress m2825nd error after install new toner need help - YouTube

Would be great to find a solution, because I still have 2 new toners for it and the printer does its job well, if it boots up correctly.

Has anyone experienced something similar and been able to fix it?
    are the consumables toner, drum original?

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    are the consumables toner, drum original?
    No, but even if I remove the toner with the drum, then it still won't make a difference. I've already printed 100+ pages with this toner and drum and all of a sudden it stopped working regularly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Samsung M2825DW stopped working - all lights flashing

Quote Originally Posted by sojusnik View Post
    No, but even if I remove the toner with the drum, then it still won't make a difference. I've already printed 100+ pages with this toner and drum and all of a sudden it stopped working regularly.
    You should look in the status monitor or printer web page if you find any indication of an error, the use of non-OEM materials does not guarantee you '' always '' normal operation.

Thanks for this advice!

Should it help, according to your experience with other printers, to buy an original toner and try it with it? Never considered, that it could be the toner's fault, because it's the second non-original toner I'm using, until now, without having any problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Drum lasts 9000 pages. If it reaches end of life it stops printing.
    Also as mentioned before, if drivers are installed then your status monitor will tell you what is wrong with printer.

With a bit of luck I've found a solution! Establish a connection to your printer through a network cable and use the SyncThru interface as described here: Samsung Laser Printers - How to Log In to SyncThru Web Service | HP(R) Customer Support
    There you'll find the "maintenance" section, where you can upgrade your firmware. That did the trick for me!