Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Transfer belt error message

customer called with error, changed belt and message remains. manual says it could be a tension home sensor error, no other reference to that sensor in book. dug in and found sensor and cleaned it up, tried again same error. when i tried to find sensor to test it it doesn't show up in test menu so i'm assuming that it doesn't show up because it's defective? it also doesn't show up as an available part that i could find. i don't give up easy but i don't think they want these repaired. thanks for any new input -- tuey

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Transfer belt error message

Quote Originally Posted by tuey View Post
    customer called with error, changed belt and message remains. manual says it could be a tension home sensor error, no other reference to that sensor in book. dug in and found sensor and cleaned it up, tried again same error. when i tried to find sensor to test it it doesn't show up in test menu so i'm assuming that it doesn't show up because it's defective? it also doesn't show up as an available part that i could find. i don't give up easy but i don't think they want these repaired. thanks for any new input -- tuey
    Not necessarily a Samsung tech, but... don't you think you would get better answers if you posted the model of the copier/printer?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Transfer belt error message clx-6260

the models that use this transfer belt are clp680-clp415-clx4195-clx6260-c2620-c2670-c1810 and c1860

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

And the error code?

Also the tests would appear in the service menu regardless of whether the sensor is defective or not, that is the point of the test.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

no visible error code, can't print list due to error. could try hooking my laptop to it and maybe available then. that sensor test absolutely is not available on this printer. in EDC i go to test routines then 102 sensor test and as i page down it stops at 0370- the next one down (not there) is 0680 itb tension home sensor-- is not there. THAT is what is unusual. thanks--tuey

I'm a bit confused as to how there can be an error message without an error code.

The error code appears on the alert information. If customer is not seeing this, then access it from the remote ui page and check there.

You could replace the Transfer belt, but the cost is probably disproportionate to a replacement device.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i have tried 2 other known good belt units, same result. gotta be the sensor or board and the board is the only one that is replaceable or spared. it's an odd one for sure

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Did you ever get a solution to your problem?

I have a C1810W that has a "transfer roller can’t move the engage/disengage position" error A1-4111"

I have replaced the feed motor and main board as directed by the service manual to no avail so I'm hoping your solution might help me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtiti View Post
    Did you ever get a solution to your problem?

I have a C1810W that has a "transfer roller can’t move the engage/disengage position" error A1-4111"

I have replaced the feed motor and main board as directed by the service manual to no avail so I'm hoping your solution might help me. Thanks.
    The A1-4111 and A1-4112 errors are to do with the solenoid/main drive unit. Actuator motor failure is the message. No idea how you are getting feed motor or Main board from that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you for your reply. I was trusting the Samsung service manual for info on the A1-4111 error and (at least the edition I have) says it means "the transfer roller can't move the engage/disengage position". Since the transfer roller does not engage anything except by closing the back door, I assumed it was talking about the transfer belt.
    Turns out that there is a little solenoid on the right/top that has a little rubber pad that can cause this error if it is not properly lined up. I removed the pad and then centered it on the solenoid actuator and Problem Solved. Thanks for your help.