Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP ending all Samsung support next year

I heard a rumour that HP will be ending all Samsung printer support next spring (2023). From what I heard they won't be selling parts for any Samsung printers/MFP's at that point. Can anyone confirm this?
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP ending all Samsung support next year

Gosh, I'm sure going to miss all those crappy Samsungs.

No, not much. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ha! I couldn't agree more. I won't miss them one bit. However, I still have 100 Samsung branded machines in my territory. We can't get stock from Lexmark to replace them so we've been keeping them together until Lexmark improves stock. I also don't have any more contacts at HP so I don't know what's going on. But I heard a rumour they were killing parts and support for the whole Samsung line and I'd like to know if that was true.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

There were a couple of decent Samsungs: SCX-6345N, SCX-6545N ... when using 20# bond only.

I don't have any specific information, but you'll have to resort to paperclips, rubber bands, and chewing gum ... until you're just out of luck ... come on something you can patch up. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Ha! I couldn't agree more. I won't miss them one bit. However, I still have 100 Samsung branded machines in my territory. We can't get stock from Lexmark to replace them so we've been keeping them together until Lexmark improves stock. I also don't have any more contacts at HP so I don't know what's going on. But I heard a rumour they were killing parts and support for the whole Samsung line and I'd like to know if that was true.
    The current range of HP printers are just rebadged rechipped samsungs, with shitty HP boards on them that cause problems. I open up a part list for half of the consumer product and I'm seeing parts for the CLP-480FW, M2070, CLX-6260FW etc.

I go look at the copier range and everything up the E87640 is a rebadged X4300 and the E87640 is a rebadged X7600. You'll find that they took some parts made minor adjustments, or rechipped them, and cut the price by like $100 and then chucked it out as a "HP part" under a new part number. Yet somehow they still use the description of the Samsung part. The E87640 LSU on the part surfer gives X7600 as the description. The X7600 fuser can be rechipped to function in the HP and vica versa.

The only major change they made to this device was the toner in use, (oh god, we're now running what is effectively HP branded compatible toners for Samsung kit), which meant the HP product give worse quality prints than the comparable samsung kit.

Good luck getting any parts for the CLX-9301NA or anything of that generation though. They're gone. Although, some parts are still shared, with the X4300 most aren't. Fusers etc for that line of product was discontinued months ago.

They made yet another change restricting the distributor market though, so HP as a brand in the channel is basically dead, if the partner agreement and poor quality product was not offputting enough.

It will be a saving grace when they finally decide to release HP products based on Samsung technology, and not these frankenstein machines. Maybe, then the firmware issues can finally be nipped in the bud.

Although, I have no idea what glorious revelation made them decide to move away from Canon Engines, which are literally what made the HP brand of printers successful. Consumer canon laser product doesn't fail.