Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Error A1-4111 on Xpress C1810W

The Samsung service manual says that the cause of this error is "The transfer roller can't move the engage/disengage position". It also says the remedy is to first replace the feed drive stepper motor and if that doesn't solve it to replace the main board.
    I have replaced the complete feed drive assembly which included the motor and the error A1-4111 persisted so I replaced the main logic board, all to no avail.
    I am not that familiar with the Samsung color lasers and would appreciate any help.
    I have assumed when the manual said "transfer roller" it must mean the ITB, since I see no mech to engage or disengage the transfer roller, which is fixed to the rear door.

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Re: Error A1-4111 on Xpress C1810W

The manual you are reading is incorrect, the A1-4111 and A1-4112 are actuator motor errors. Very common error on the Samsung A4 kit, and is resolved by replacing solenoid/main drive unit. A quick search on google/youtube should throw up about 20 different videos on how to fix this with no parts, if the issue is solenoid related, which it invariably is.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Error A1-4111 on Xpress C1810W

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The manual you are reading is incorrect, the A1-4111 and A1-4112 are actuator motor errors. Very common error on the Samsung A4 kit, and is resolved by replacing solenoid/main drive unit. A quick search on google/youtube should throw up about 20 different videos on how to fix this with no parts, if the issue is solenoid related, which it invariably is.
    Thank you. I appreciate your assistance.