Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "HELD"

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    "HELD"

Re: "HELD"

Surprise, surprise! Second SCX-5935 with the same symptoms, in the same exact location. In fact, it's the replacement for the first.

This one was preceded by a jam condition: "Paper jam at the bottom of duplex path." I found a broken switch flag in the pre-registration area, probably as a result of removing a duplex jam counter to the feed direction.

The fuser is not melted down. There are still no errors. It scans normally. Has anyone made any progress on this? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

I got curious and I know nothing about Samsung MFPs other than it may be a re-branded Xerox Phaser 3635.

I found this link and thought I'd pass it along.
    Phaser 3635MFP Support
    Jamex Tech Support: Saving the world one phone call at a time.

"HELD"

Thanks oldschool! Nice website. Most of their suggestions point to incorrectly programmed paper size or media type, or software reset. I'll try the software reset first.

I'm fairly certain from my browsing through the web interface that the paper size/media type are set correctly, but worth re-checking.
    Again, thanks for the link. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 04-26-2013 at 01:23 AM.

"HELD"

Ok. This is embarrassing.

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever done. Well, come to think of it, I've been doing this job a long time. I've done some pretty stupid things.

When chasing down the duplex switch I had removed the power supply (under the engine, over the top cassette). On the power supply you can find two door switches SW1 and SW2. The first is operated by a mechanism to the front door, and the second is operated by the exit guide of the fuser, like a corral gate. Both these switches are in series, so that either one leaves the circuit open.

When removing the power supply the actuator on the exit guide slid sideways off SW2. When re-installing the power supply, using SW2 I had pushed the exit guide up over the switch, so the interlock was not made. At this point a smart person might have re-positioned the gate, or maybe just left the gate completely off during the installation of the power supply, then re-installed it when the machine was vertical.

Like a corral gate, the fuser exit guide slots down onto vertical pins, so that it can be easily removed, or slide upward when a power supply is pressed against it.

I would like to share some of the blame with Samsung though. What ever happened to "Door Open" indications! This machine will not tell you when a door is open. How dumb is that? =^..^=

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Problem:

OR No Fault code, but Main Drive Motor not running, since 24VS was at 0 Volt on Connection PWB at CN6 Pin 1 from SMPS (even with a new SMPS)

Cause:

The Fuser Door Actuator not properly actuating the "Fuser Door Interlock Switch"

Remove & re-install (Reseat) the Fuser Door , to insure that the Flag is properly actuating the "Fuser Door Interlock Switch".

In red door was to high.
    In green Fuser Door is properly positioned.2.JPG

Note: The rear cover door on the machine does not have a door interlock switch.

"HELD"

Where were you 2 1/2 years ago? =^..^=

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

As soon as Sherman finishes the way back machine all will be relevant again

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Ok. This is embarrassing.

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever done. Well, come to think of it, I've been doing this job a long time. I've done some pretty stupid things.

When chasing down the duplex switch I had removed the power supply (under the engine, over the top cassette). On the power supply you can find two door switches SW1 and SW2. The first is operated by a mechanism to the front door, and the second is operated by the exit guide of the fuser, like a corral gate. Both these switches are in series, so that either one leaves the circuit open.

When removing the power supply the actuator on the exit guide slid sideways off SW2. When re-installing the power supply, using SW2 I had pushed the exit guide up over the switch, so the interlock was not made. At this point a smart person might have re-positioned the gate, or maybe just left the gate completely off during the installation of the power supply, then re-installed it when the machine was vertical.

Like a corral gate, the fuser exit guide slots down onto vertical pins, so that it can be easily removed, or slide upward when a power supply is pressed against it.

I would like to share some of the blame with Samsung though. What ever happened to "Door Open" indications! This machine will not tell you when a door is open. How dumb is that? =^..^=
    Blackcat,
    We encountered a cimilar problem on a trade in SCX-5935FN that had been sitting in our office for a few months unused. We needed a quick loaner machine and it was a perfect fit so we pulled it out and turned it on to make sure everything was good to go. The machine booted up, no errors. Loaded paper and tried to print a configuration page... Nothing. Tried to make a copy and it says, "Held." WTF. Did a memory clear, no difference. We hooked it up to our network to update the firmware and pulled up the webpage, loaded the firmware and it updated fine. But still, same problem. So i turned it off and back on, pulled up the webpage and started looking around. There was a notification on teh webpage that said something along the lines of, "fuser door open." So i checked the rear door and it was shut. I opened it up and there was no fuser in the machine! Where is the freakin' error message on the panel! You have to hook the damn thing up to the network or have their samsung printer monitor software installed to get these damned message.
    Anyway, if you're getting something weird, hook it up to the network and get on the webpage. It may lead you in the right direction!

"HELD"

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrandall13 View Post
    Blackcat,
    We encountered a similar problem .... I opened it up and there was no fuser in the machine! Where is the freakin' error message on the panel! You have to hook the damn thing up to the network or have their samsung printer monitor software installed to get these damned message.
    Anyway, if you're getting something weird, hook it up to the network and get on the webpage. It may lead you in the right direction!
    Not much in the way of self diagnostics. Incomplete at best. =^..^=