Thread: IPF780 Request.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IPF780 Request.

IPF780 Request.

From what I can tell, this is a fairly simple machine, but some clarification is in order before I potentially set in sh!t.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    IPF780 Request.

Re: IPF780 Request.

Are you requesting a service manual, or just asking about the performance of the plotter?

These machines run great under medium to heavy use. They do not like to sit idle, the printheads will dry up. There have been individual cases where a few machines of this series can become money pits. The one in particular that I am thinking of we eventually bought a used machine to replace it after spending way too much on boards. And when it still wasn't fixed Canon recommended replacing the same boards again.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

IPF780 Request.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you requesting a service manual, or just asking about the performance of the plotter?

These machines run great under medium to heavy use. They do not like to sit idle, the printheads will dry up. There have been individual cases where a few machines of this series can become money pits. The one in particular that I am thinking of we eventually bought a used machine to replace it after spending way too much on boards. And when it still wasn't fixed Canon recommended replacing the same boards again.

=^..^=
    Haha I must have been drunk--I just happened to find this going through my old "started posts"...

But yeah, I wanted to get the SM because I was trying to diagnose a banding issue, but I ran some calibrations and cleared it up. Other than that, I have had no issues aside from that terrible computer attached to it, but it works I guess.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the SM so I can be at least somewhat prepared for potential future issues.

You do bring up an interesting question though, this company only uses it for black prints (schematics--moderate use), will the other printheads dry up or does it typically use a composite black?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    From what I can tell, this is a fairly simple machine, but some clarification is in order before I potentially set in sh!t.
    Canon iPF_780-785 (Service manual, parts list)

Canon iPF 780-785

Good luck 🤞

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    IPF780 Request.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    ... You do bring up an interesting question though, this company only uses it for black prints (schematics--moderate use), will the other printheads dry up or does it typically use a composite black?
    It depends on the individual document, but typically not enough color to keep the heads clear. For those customers that have re-occurring printhead drying issues, I recommend a MINIMUM of (1) Arch D Color image EVERY week. I've seen printheads dry up to unrecoverable in as little as 4 weeks of zero usage. I tell these customers that the same amount or more ink will end up in the maintenance cartridge as the machine attempts to clear the clogged nozzles, so they might as well have prints. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

IPF780 Request.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai.aleksie View Post
    Canon iPF_780-785 (Service manual, parts list)

Canon iPF 780-785

Good luck 🤞
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It depends on the individual document, but typically not enough color to keep the heads clear. For those customers that have re-occurring printhead drying issues, I recommend a MINIMUM of (1) Arch D Color image EVERY week. I've seen printheads dry up to unrecoverable in as little as 4 weeks of zero usage. I tell these customers that the same amount or more ink will end up in the maintenance cartridge as the machine attempts to clear the clogged nozzles, so they might as well have prints. =^..^=
    Good call, I will make the same suggestion.