Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Dragon 3 ---POD1_N!s

I've been battling this 753N came in with 600k we refurbished and put in field replacing customers arm-550 wit 2.5 million. Before machine went out we replaced process unit, dv unit, fuser unit and cleaned/checked replaced other rollers as needed.. These all were complete units from parts no rebuilds. Since install I've replaced p.s. Unit, fuser drive unit, vertical transport unit(with updated focus lens), transfer belt assy. phone rang this morning and sure enough customer was jamming. We have about 16 of these in local school district mAjority of them with over a million clicks.. I rarely witness jam in person but 23-2 says 64 pod1-n within 8 days and 10,000 pages...

Technician

Re: Dragon 3 ---POD1_N!s

Has anyone else had similar trouble?? Some of the jams I found had run right underneath of transfer belt.. Suggestions or something in over looking greatly appreciated...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Dragon 3 ---POD1_N!s

Quote Originally Posted by tr210907 View Post
    Has anyone else had similar trouble?? Some of the jams I found had run right underneath of transfer belt.. Suggestions or something in over looking greatly appreciated...
    one way gear in fuser drive unit starts to fail and also delivery unit is main cause of pod1 and pod2 jams(more so on previous versions not so much on 753 series), make sure transfer belt engage disengage is working correctly , transfer belt hv contacts, or bad paper causing it to stick to belt, fuser inlet guide.

Had one where the Split Ring on Heat Roller Gear came off and gear walked off end of roller. It was off enough that drive gear didn't mesh with fuser gear.

Technician

Fax man I had replaced the fusing drive unit thinking that was the cause I'm about yo walk in now.. I've been informed from their manager that they have a noose waiting.. Here we go...

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Dragon 3 ---POD1_N!s

If the machine has an LCT and you're getting POD1 jam codes only from there, you need to perform 50-28. Not that you shouldn't be doing that sim regardless...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

They could use an LCT but space is limited and wouldn't allow for one. I was there yesterday replacing tray 1/2 drive unit after T1PFC failed also replaced fuser and transfer belt.. Gotachine back together and ran 600 without any issues.. So time will tell but thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. Hopefully we can say trouble resolved.. I'll keep all up to date.. Thanks again...