Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: error code C4-02

replace it with a updated one

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Don't buy a PTC unit as on their own they are a mad price, buy a main transfer belt kit which is less than half price and includes the PTC unit and a new transfer belt which you can keep for another time.

That's what we do here in the UK anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    error code C4-02

The MX-510CU is an identical replacement for the part, at least that's what I use now.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    From Service manual;
    "NOTE:When the PTC unit is broken down and repair cannot
    be made because of no replacement part:
    To use the machine continuously, make the setting to
    ignore the PTC trouble, and the machine can be
    operated tentatively.
    Set the engine soft SW8-3 in SIM55-1 to "1".
    This setting disables the PTC output, the heater
    control, and the error detection.
    After completion of repair, set the engine soft SW8-3
    in SIM55-1 to "0"."
    hi dear
    how can i enter this code ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadeghlinux View Post
    hi dear
    how can i enter this code ?
    thanks
    enter this code but error not cleared

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

enter this code but error not cleared
    You've been told multiple times to replace the PTC unit. You can buy it on its own or you can buy the Primary Transfer Belt rebuild kit, which includes it. If you clear the code via the instructions given to you by JLSAM, you have not solved the problem. That soft switch is only meant to be used for a a day or two in order to allow the customer to continue to print while they wait for the PTC unit to be replaced. Once done you need to revert the soft switch setting back to it original value.

REPLACE THE PART! It's a 2 minute repair.

Sim 16 does not resolve this problem.....

your speak is right. i clean it . i can not speak english well . im sorry
    why come back ? ptc To work properly

C4-02 code come back again?
    A C4-02 can't be cleared just by performing SIM14 or SIM16. The machine is programmed to display an error code if a hardware fault condition is triggered, such as a failed PTC heater, stuck motor or anything else that could cause a functional issue or data loss. In your case, the PTC unit has failed or is failing and must be replaced.

you can, if you are unable to source a replacement immediately, get past this error by doing the following;

Enter the simulation mode by putting the machine into COPY mode and using the numeric keypad on the right to enter the combination " # * C * (machines older than SHARP MX-4112) pr by double-tapping the home button on your machine to get the meter counts window, then pressing the firmware revision in the bottom right of that window and inputting #*C* into the keypad (All newer SHARP MX series machines right up to the newer 5070/6070 etc)

you will then need to input "55" and press the MONO (on older sharps, this is the b/w button with the chrome trim around it), then pressing "1" and MONO again.

You will be greeted with a SW setting and a DATA box.

Set the SW setting box to "8", then press the DATA button.

Change the THIRD bit of the data box to "1" by pressing "3" on your keypad and then press the white "EXECUTE" button at the bottom of the touch screen.

Once done, press "EXIT" or the gold "CA" button, depending on the machine you have, and the machine will display a message saying "Simulation finishing" and reboot itself.

You will know that this has worked when the machine displays the C4-02 again, but it gives you an "OK" button that you can press to override the error and continue to use the machine as normal.

WARNING:

This is |||N O T||| a fix for the C4-02 error and should NEVER be treated as such. This is a workaround to allow the machine to continue to be used while a replacement PTC unit is sourced. Once a new unit has been installed into the machine, you will need to go back into simulation 55-01 and change SW8-3 back to 0 to re-enable the PTC heater. Replacing the PTC and setting SW8-3 back to 0 should clear the error code entirely.

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigBipper188 View Post
    A C4-02 can't be cleared just by performing SIM14 or SIM16. The machine is programmed to display an error code if a hardware fault condition is triggered, such as a failed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    For a first post, this must have grinded some gears. BTW, having Non-Techs' informed on the input of changing soft switches is the thing of Real-Techs' nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by harps05 View Post
    For a first post, this must have grinded some gears. BTW, having Non-Techs' informed on the input of changing soft switches is the thing of Real-Techs' nightmares.

I tend to be fairly blunt with disclaimers when I share info like that. It helps (especially in text form I find) to push the reason why certain items will still require servicing even if there's a workaround to keep a machine limping along. I can also agree on the note of non-techs messing with SIM mode software switches. When we answer service calls and end up requiring a customer to set SW switches on their machines to buy us a bit of extra time to get in there with parts, we try to keep the reason why x is done like it is as limited as possible and leave them with the disclaimer that their machine is not fixed until we get in there with parts etc if it's a code that can be worked around like C4-02, or reset with SIM14 like H5-01 (especially if there's a constant jamming issue).