Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sharp MX-5001N slow printing on larg files (8mb +)

If the computers are running Windows 10 they may be using Microsoft's PDF viewer.

I find this to be very slow.

Install Adobe reader and be done with it.

Was this problem ever resolved? If so, what was the resolution. I've currently got a Sharp MX-6070N that very slowly renders/processes each page of an 8 page PDF. When I print this PDF on another Sharp 6070, it prints just fine. So it is something specific to the machine I'm working on. I've tried replacing the MFPC PWB, directly connected to the machine with my laptop with freshly loaded print driver. Latest firmware installed. All to no avail. I'm currently going through the "initialization of Private Data" (which is about a 4 hour process) as suggested by tech support. I'll update you if this resolves. But in the meantime, if you have an update, please advise.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-5001N slow printing on larg files (8mb +)

These are two different MFP's so I'm not sure if the drivers are the same. I went into printing preferences on the driver and changed "print mode" to "normal" and "bitmap compression" to medium. Also, I believe in "printer properties" I went into the advanced tab and checked "start printing after last page spooled." After doing that I did not hear back from the client. I have started doing that on all my driver installs so far and have not had any complaints since doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    These are two different MFP's so I'm not sure if the drivers are the same. I went into printing preferences on the driver and changed "print mode" to "normal" and "bitmap compression" to medium. Also, I believe in "printer properties" I went into the advanced tab and checked "start printing after last page spooled." After doing that I did not hear back from the client. I have started doing that on all my driver installs so far and have not had any complaints since doing so.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, sounds like a different problem for me, since I had no issues with the driver on another like machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Sharptech1975 View Post
    Was this problem ever resolved? If so, what was the resolution. I've currently got a Sharp MX-6070N that very slowly renders/processes each page of an 8 page PDF. When I print this PDF on another Sharp 6070, it prints just fine. So it is something specific to the machine I'm working on. I've tried replacing the MFPC PWB, directly connected to the machine with my laptop with freshly loaded print driver. Latest firmware installed. All to no avail. I'm currently going through the "initialization of Private Data" (which is about a 4 hour process) as suggested by tech support. I'll update you if this resolves. But in the meantime, if you have an update, please advise.

Have you tried isolating the 6070 off the network or printing the same file off of a usb? Is this printing over wifi or a wired network? Large files and network congestion, interference or dropped packets will cause a nightmare for printing large pdf's. If I have a customer printing large files I will immediately tell them that printing over Wifi WILL be a problem at some point.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ive ran across this a couple times. Sometimes print as image helps. I recommend you use acrobat reader and not a browser to view pdfs. another thing to check is network speed. Sharp uses all pairs for gigabit, and if you have fast ethernet you may need to set the soft switch to force down to 10/100. I would also suggest trying the postscript driver if your machine has it installed. I know the phoenix machines do and they seem to do way better with pdf printing using postscript. check the firmware also. there have been NUMEROUS fixes for pdf printing especially on mac os 10.14.

Just as an FYI. Initializing Private Data on my machine (MX-6070) did the trick for me. I know that they're two different series, but it's worth a try for you! Report back as to what finally resolved your problem. I'm interested.
    Dan

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the job log. Printing slows tremendously when you reach the 50K plateau. Just delete the job log and VIOLA...fast printing again.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

RE: Acrobat DC

I have had probs with this program, switching to "Foxit Reader" solved all my issues.. and it seems to load faster also ++