Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SF-2040

jueon

Exclamation SF-2040

Hi-
    I am having a problem with SF-2040, which someone donated to us.

Here is the problem. Whenever I make a copy, copy looks funny. It makes these stripes, not necessarily of lines but looks like clouds... with darker areas that takes copies the original but much darker, while there are also white gaps... I wonder if that makes sense....

I have a "toner" thingie with black ink powders, which put into the "cartridge" thingie. Which doesn't really fix it.

I must admit, I am not familiar with copy machines, but am definitely in need of a help ^^;

Thank you and have a good one!

old copier

I used to work on these years ago and there are many things that could be causing the poor copies....dirty optics,coronas ,worn developer,drum or fuser rollers. You really need a copier tech to check it over although they might not be able to get parts for it and you would end up spending more money than its worth if they could.

jueon
    Do you have by any chance manual or anything that could help me locate the parts of the copier?... maybe I will try to do it myself >.<

You would be money ahead if you find a tech to repair it. Without knowing when it was serviced last or how long it was sitting before you got it there is no way to know what will be needed to get it up and running. If it were mine the first thing I would do is give it a good cleaning, glass, mirrors, developer unit, toner unit, coronas, drum etc. Since you know nothing about copiers there is a good chance you will probably do more damage to the machine than good. Just call a tech.