Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Wifi adapters for Sharp MFPs

Anyone been successful in connecting Sharp MFPs, specifically looking to connect MX3610, using a WiFi adapter?

Care to share any adapter brands and feedback if so?
    Also, anyone had success in converting a router to become a wireless adapter?

p.s. i had my horror stories 2-3 hrs trying to connect other brands like Painasonic and even HPs to a wifi adapter, it both worked but not without pretty extensive trial and errors.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Wifi adapters for Sharp MFPs

I have used Linksys WET610N universal wireless adapters before with many different sharp copiers and never had an issue. Basiclly you first hook the adapter to a laptop and go into the webpage for the adapter and connect it to the wireless access point or router. Then disconnect it from the laptop, power it off and plug into copier. Set desired IP address like normal. Then power on adapter. It will connect with values set up when connected to laptop at the beginning. Piece of cake!.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I agree. The Linksys WET610N works very well. Once you get them connected they are rock solid.

Lately, best deal for us has been the TP-link TL-WA801ND. We have been picking them up for $15-$20, open box, and they work great. Most important of all, they can be used in multiple roles, including the Client mode and as an Access Point.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

We use these, the price is right, very reliable and can be setup with your phone if needed. You can even set a custom password:
    wifi.jpg

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Thanks for the suggestions - they are good ones. As you may have encountered, people are being switched from 2.4 WiFi to 5, and even 6. Most of the Sharps w/ WiFi won't recognize 5 & 6. On a side note, since our email/hosting company allows us unlimited email addresses, we are creating an email address specific to the customer for SMTP services, so that we can control their situation better. If they change their email service to another provider, everything still works.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    We use the TP Link TL-WR802N. It's as small as a pack of cigarettes and can be stuck to the back of the device with double-sided tape.
    It can get the power via the USB interface of the device.

I have used something similar. It is a GL-iNet 300 or a GL-AR750. Pretty easy to set up and sometimes the copier USB will be enough to provide power to the box. However they don't always seem to be the most stable (at least the GL-iNet 300) They stop connecting to the network and need to be set up again.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    We use these, the price is right, very reliable and can be setup with your phone if needed. You can even set a custom password:
    wifi.jpg

This is the one that I use. Works like a champ.
    Growth is found only in adversity.