Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-C401 Not Powering on/Blank Display

I have a MX-C401 that comes on with main power (makes noise) but when turning on console power the display does not come on. It is not a display problem because the machine does not complete the power on initialization. (Similar to a defective HP Formatter) The optics do not initialize but the fuser gets hot.

I can not find the solution on the service manual. All I can find is solutions to error codes. Nothing about a blank display or power on sequence problems. I tried disconnecting the hard drive, the adf, & reseating memory boards.

By the way, this machine was showing the developer units needing to be replaced but the customer told me not to replace them until they gave out completely. I wonder if this is related to the problem. Thanks in advance, Juan.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MX-C401 Not Powering on/Blank Display

Not sure what you have your settings set to but the mfp will stop printing after mfp has reached a certain amount of clicks past the total PM count, but, even if that happens the control panel should still be operable so a service tech can enter sim modes. First, I would check for blown fuses on the ac/ dc power supply and any loose connections. Next, you may have a problem with the scanner cnt board board or LCD control panel... try swapping with another good/working used one. If that fails start tracing wires with the electrical schematic and a multi-meter.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX-C401 Not Powering on/Blank Display

faulty SDcard maybe?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: MX-C401 Not Powering on/Blank Display

I found this bulletin for "MFP will not Power On, Display does not Light..." for the MX-C401

TT-20167.PDF

I hope it helps. Says it's a bad fuse.

Good luck.