Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX-3610 calibration fail

I have an MX-3610 that, when you go into SIM 46-74 calibration, and hit the execute button, the machine starts to act like it's starting the process, then double beeps, and the highlight on the execute button goes off without printing the test page. This also happens when trying to perform a user calibration through systems settings, and doing the calibrations for copy and print separately (46-24 and 67-24). We've tried with 8 1/2 x 11 paper in all 3 drawers, and also 11 x 17. Any thoughts from anyone?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX-3610 calibration fail

Have you tried running sim 50-22 first and after making any corrections there then running 46-74?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Set all four drawers to the same paper size and orientation. I have seen this on the Polaris (6240,7040) machines also.
    Also, 46-74 will not run if using other SIMS first. Exit SIM mode, enter SIM mode and immediately do 46-74.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Thanks for the replies. I did do a 50-22 because I had just replaced the primary transfer belt and blade on the same call. We did have all 3 drawers on the machine set for 8 1/2 x 11, and got a failure. Can't say with certainty about the SIMS, so that is something I can check out.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-3610 calibration fail

Quote Originally Posted by mattwill1107 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I did do a 50-22 because I had just replaced the primary transfer belt and blade on the same call. We did have all 3 drawers on the machine set for 8 1/2 x 11, and got a failure. Can't say with certainty about the SIMS, so that is something I can check out.
    Most likely, I'm mistaken, but shouldn't the paper size be either 8.5x11R, or 11x17?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

may sound dumb but, are the paper trays all set to plain paper?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

A 2610 does not have auto size sensing in tray 1, it must be entered manually. By default, SIM setups come from tray 1.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

This sounds very similar to an issue I had last month??? How do your internal color test prints look? 64-5 , etc. Will it even print that ? It should since its not a calibration SIM but a test pattern . In my case when I ran the 46-74 the machine would print out the chart but when I went to scan it off the glass that is when it would beep and fail to scan. My color prints didn't look that great and then I started getting an intermittent laser error code. I replaced the LSU and problem went away. Calibration started working again and all is well. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi there have you tryed running crop 44-06 proccess control if this fails clean you process control sensors.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk