Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Strange issue on this machine, so i will try to explain every from the beginning.

This all started with a L4-12 error about a month ago. when the tech went out he noticed there was also a c1-01 error logged. he tested the main charge cleaning mechanism and it worked fine,he then replaced the springs that hold the secondary transfer in place with the updated springs from a tech bulletin addressing this. He also performed a black pm as it was almost due. everything tested out fine.

5 days later it came back with a C4-20 error. the machine would still print with the error, but the customer would power cycle the machine to get rid of the error. it would come back within the hour. the tech went out and installed the mylar that goes around the contact of the primary transfer unit to prevent contamination. tested everything and closed the call. 2 days later and 5k prints later the error came back. when i got there i noticed that on some prints the print was blurred in the center of the page vertically, i inspected everything, updated the firmware from 4.5 to the 6.5 and tested 200 pages to see if the blur or the error code would come back. everything tested fine, closed the call. within the hour i got a call for c4-20 machine totally down.

when i got there the machine was in a hard error state and there was a jam at the primary transfer belt. the blur was back but this time half the page was fine(lead edge) and the middle of the page was clumps of toner. when looking at the transfer belt it looks like the page stops half way and the transfer belt keeps going, causing the "blur". During testing i found that color copies and prints will work all day. as soon as you make a black and white copy or print(internal prints as well) the paper stops at the primary transfer, smears in the middle and throws a c4-20. looking at the trouble log it also logs a f2-49 lsu thermistor error. LSU test pass, transfer test pass, did a dv disable and added toner to test tcd sensor, passes 50-22, 44-6, 44-26 and high voltage test. it will only fail if you print black and white except for (here is the kicker) the 64-5. the 64-5 color and black and white test pattern print fine with no issues????

I have replaced the drums, developer, PTC, transfer assembly, MC PWB, TC PWB, PCU PWB, drive assembly with new clutches and sensors.

I know this is long but i am reaching for the stars here, this series has given me so many issues i just want to blow em all up. anyone have any insight on this? thanks in advance

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Quote Originally Posted by r3d343420 View Post
    Strange issue on this machine, so i will try to explain every from the beginning.

This all started with a L4-12 error about a month ago. when the tech went out he noticed there was also a c1-01 error logged. he tested the main charge cleaning mechanism and it worked fine,he then replaced the springs that hold the secondary transfer in place with the updated springs from a tech bulletin addressing this. He also performed a black pm as it was almost due. everything tested out fine.

5 days later it came back with a C4-20 error. the machine would still print with the error, but the customer would power cycle the machine to get rid of the error. it would come back within the hour. the tech went out and installed the mylar that goes around the contact of the primary transfer unit to prevent contamination. tested everything and closed the call. 2 days later and 5k prints later the error came back. when i got there i noticed that on some prints the print was blurred in the center of the page vertically, i inspected everything, updated the firmware from 4.5 to the 6.5 and tested 200 pages to see if the blur or the error code would come back. everything tested fine, closed the call. within the hour i got a call for c4-20 machine totally down.

when i got there the machine was in a hard error state and there was a jam at the primary transfer belt. the blur was back but this time half the page was fine(lead edge) and the middle of the page was clumps of toner. when looking at the transfer belt it looks like the page stops half way and the transfer belt keeps going, causing the "blur". During testing i found that color copies and prints will work all day. as soon as you make a black and white copy or print(internal prints as well) the paper stops at the primary transfer, smears in the middle and throws a c4-20. looking at the trouble log it also logs a f2-49 lsu thermistor error. LSU test pass, transfer test pass, did a dv disable and added toner to test tcd sensor, passes 50-22, 44-6, 44-26 and high voltage test. it will only fail if you print black and white except for (here is the kicker) the 64-5. the 64-5 color and black and white test pattern print fine with no issues????

I have replaced the drums, developer, PTC, transfer assembly, MC PWB, TC PWB, PCU PWB, drive assembly with new clutches and sensors.

I know this is long but i am reaching for the stars here, this series has given me so many issues i just want to blow em all up. anyone have any insight on this? thanks in advance
    Found a solution yet? We are having the same kind of problem over here...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

C4-20 and/or C4-00 trouble If the PTC unit has been replaced and C4 trouble still occurs, check for voltage leakage around the moulding of the PTC Outer Holder (PG Section 75, Item 22).Replace if necessary - LHLDZ2540FCZ2

Good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Had a couple from factory that had pinched wire. Both causing PreXfer trouble. White wire (heavy gauge) that runs from pre xfer unit to TC PWB. Wire routes on back side of toner chassis, then down to board. Pinched between plastic toner chassis and main frame (calling it the main frame, maybe an overstatement).

Red circle indicates area of pinch

pinch.JPG

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Had a couple from factory that had pinched wire. Both causing PreXfer trouble. White wire (heavy gauge) that runs from pre xfer unit to TC PWB. Wire routes on back side of toner chassis, then down to board. Pinched between plastic toner chassis and main frame (calling it the main frame, maybe an overstatement).

Red circle indicates area of pinch

pinch.JPG
    Where you getting the same trouble codes?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

I was getting various and intermittent C4 codes, did not see and F2 codes

Quote Originally Posted by boutn View Post
    Found a solution yet? We are having the same kind of problem over here...
    Hello,

I am curioes if this is solved and what causes the problem. I hava a simular case, replaced the wire's mentioned above, still the same error. (no F2 codes in 22_4)

Thanks
    Last edited by Guitaris; 07-20-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

I understand it didn't fix the first guy's error but this is usually caused by a faulty PTC unit

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Firmware 07.60. in the machine ?

C4-00/ C4-20 go away with new part : LHLDZ2540FCZ2

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We solved one of these by replacing a cable-tree (cant remember which one though...)