Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharp mx-m264

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp mx-m264

Re: Sharp mx-m264

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Hi

Have same headhache , finally find something?
    that happens a lot... they never come back with final fix

after 2 years .. doubt they will update thread

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davebtech View Post
    Sharp mxm264 has ( remove paper from center tray) on display never scene this before,no paper there,no finisher,no Jams in dilivery unit, or fuser. replaced paper sensor above laser unit in dilivery tray(center belly of machine) replaced paper sensor in dilivery unit.This thing won’t go away. Anyone see this before? Thanks for any input ,Dave
    Check 26-1 if its enabled and there is no separator tray this will be the issue
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

I have the same problem, now for a 2nd time - that TFD1 sensor (center tray paper present sensor) stays active 100% of the time. You can get fooled if you power down the machine, the copier's internal count of how many pages have exited into the center tray without being removed, will be reset to zero. Drove me nuts on a new installation, where we had removed the MX-FN23 to simplify the machine. A couple days later, the copier said "Remove paper from center tray". Power down the copier and the message goes away. 500 pages later (or whatever the number is) the message comes back. We ended up re-installing the MX-FN23 finisher. Now I have another MX-M314N to install, and the customer doesn't need a finisher, but I am unable to get that TFD1 sensor to function. And contrary to what someone said, it is identical sensor (VHPGP1S73P+-18) as in use on the MX-M260N.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=yurisan;795538]I have the same problem, now for a 2nd time - that TFD1 sensor (center tray paper present sensor) stays active 100% of the time. You can get fooled if you power down the machine, the copier's internal count of how many pages have exited into the center tray without being removed, will be reset to zero. Drove me nuts on a new installation, where we had removed the MX-FN23 to simplify the machine. A couple days later, the copier said "Remove paper from center tray". Power down the copier and the message goes away. 500 pages later (or whatever the number is) the message comes back. We ended up re-installing the MX-FN23 finisher. Now I have another MX-M314N to install, and the customer doesn't need a finisher, but I am unable to get that TFD1 sensor to function. And contrary to what someone said, it is identical sensor (VHPGP1S73P+-18) as in use on the MX-M260N.[/QUOTE

sensor is the same but the small 3 inch long wire harness that connects it is different than the mxm 260

The MX-M260N and MX-M264N center tray, paper present sensors are wired differently. If you want to put a MX-M260 center tray on a MX-M264N/M314N/M354N, the solution is a simple one - just cut and cross-connect the brown and orange wires. You can leave the gray wire alone.