Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp MX 5001N

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX 5001N

Sharp MX 5001N

Went out on a Sharp MX 5001N. The motor that turns the transfer belt keeps binding up and not turning. I replaced the transfer belt and when I have it out it turns easily by hand. I can pull the motor out and it also seems to turn fine if I try to make a copy . I can also reach in and turn the gears by hand but as soon as I have everything in place the motor will start to turn then bind up and stop. Has anyone seen the belt motor go out or do I need to be looking at the gears that are turned by the motor. It looks as if there is an entire gear pack that also gets turned by the same motor. Thanks in advance

Technician

Re: Sharp MX 5001N

On these models I have also seen this problem, leading me to believe it's a primary transfer belt problem. I've found, on occasion, one of the PCU's cleaning blades flipped, binding the drum and making it appear the belt isn't rotating. Are you eyeballing the belt and see it binding? If that's the case then the previous comment doesn't apply. Hope this helps.
    And to answer your question, No, I haven't seen belt motors or gear packs go on these models yet.