Thread: MX-FN27

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

MX-FN27

Is anyone else having problems with these POS finishers? The one I have at this time is sending the papers out not straight. When they exit the finisher onto the tray they are not stacked straight. It looks to me that the claws that push are out of sink with each other. Any thoughts before I tear into this thing?

Technician

Re: MX-FN27

These finishers are not that bad. Just need to learn them, and you will be good. I suggest to order the Disposition tray section 2 assembly. You can try to re-time it, but that is not an easy task to do. Here is the part number for the unit. 0CWFM1C4200//. The unit comes timed. NOTE: take care when installing it, because the metal on this unit is think, and can be bent.

yep took that section out and like I said the claws were off a bit. Replaced and all ok. Glad I don't have to work on those every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke123 View Post
    These finishers are not that bad. Just need to learn them, and you will be good. I suggest to order the Disposition tray section 2 assembly. You can try to re-time it, but that is not an easy task to do. Here is the part number for the unit. 0CWFM1C4200//. The unit comes timed. NOTE: take care when installing it, because the metal on this unit is think, and can be bent.
    Luke123, I know this post is from over a year ago but do you remember how/if you retimed that unit? I'm guessing since you said it was not easy that a firmware upgrade will not fix it.

firmware won't help if it is the same problem I had. remove unit and you can kinda see how to retime arms. I ordered a new one and made the old one in time like the new one to keep for future use. good luck love those things

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andypraeuner View Post
    Luke123, I know this post is from over a year ago but do you remember how/if you retimed that unit? I'm guessing since you said it was not easy that a firmware upgrade will not fix it.
    My DSS ended up sending me a manual for readjusting the Assist unit. Not horrible to do, but I've never had to take apart any other finisher more than the FN27. Their overkill design makes them suck. So over-complicated, and loads of problems. It's crazy that they put them on the 51/71 series as well. Our DSS hates them, too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    My DSS ended up sending me a manual for readjusting the Assist unit. Not horrible to do, but I've never had to take apart any other finisher more than the FN27. Their overkill design makes them suck. So over-complicated, and loads of problems. It's crazy that they put them on the 51/71 series as well. Our DSS hates them, too.
    I assume your DSS is our DSS.

B.H.? If so I will ask him for the same manual.