Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Transfering emails between different SHARP copiers (MX-M565N/MX-5070N): .BIN VS .CSV

Hello there!
    Is there a simple way to transfer email adresses in bulk between different generations of SHARP copiers? We have 4 MX-5070 type and 2 older MX-M565 type in our place: the newer ones use CSV files to store emails, but the older ones use BIN files, and they can't be switched from one to another. So whenever we have modification to do to the adress book to make sure every copier has the same listing, we need to make individual manipulations in both system... I know how to export and import files within the same type, but it won't accept it when I try to load the wrong file to the other copier. It's not a big deal (less than a 100 emails total, and usually less than 5 to change from time to time), but I was wondering if there was a simpler way to maintain the info as if every copier was a mirror of the other ones, regardless of the generation of the copiers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Transfering emails between different SHARP copiers (MX-M565N/MX-5070N): .BIN VS .

There is an address conversion program on the sharp tech site in the software library. Pretty easy to use. Export your files to a computer, input them into the program and it will modify them accordingly. Have used this several times without any issues.

Good luck.

Bil

Technician

Re: Transfering emails between different SHARP copiers (MX-M565N/MX-5070N): .BIN VS .

Thank you.
    Do you have a link for that website, or the name of the software? I have no idea where to look for, since "Sharp tech site" doesn't help much on Google...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

It's proprietary software available from the tech web site: sharp-pcservice.com in the states not sure what the Canadian site address it. It's called ADCUtilitycontrol or address control utility. Won't allow me to upload the file for some reason, sorry.

Good luck

Bil