Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Mx-C300w Black mark issue

Quote Originally Posted by danceswrabbit View Post
    fuser?
    Nah, fuser is mint. The mark is on the the drum cylinder before it goes onto the transfer belt. Nice try through 😜😜

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mx-C300w Black mark issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bearl View Post
    Okay i pulled the k dev unit out, popped the cover off, couldn't see any build up on the blades. The dev looks great on the mag roller, no disruptions, blemishes

When I look at the black mark on the page, after printing the nic page, where the mark is I can see the text almost like a negative print. It is not a cleaning blade as i can change drums but the problem remains....got me stuffed :/
    Try a new developing unit, they are relatively inexpensive . In the past, I have replaced multiple developing units that looked good visually however they were bad internally. Then if you replace it and still have the issue you can go on to more expensive options such as boards.

Does it appear on the page or the drum if you run a 8 1/2 X 11 R ? (long ways). Not sure about this model as i am old school but some form of erase lamp?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I concur. I would go with a DV unit. The thing that stumps me is that you say you can see the print in the line that is left on the drum? That almost leads me to think LSU. I have seen some bizzare stuff from bad LSU units in the past.
    The Moose is loose!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kinloch View Post
    Does it appear on the page or the drum if you run a 8 1/2 X 11 R ? (long ways). Not sure about this model as i am old school but some form of erase lamp?
    Hey Greg, I'm in Australia, we only run A4 here, but the orientation of the paper in this machine only goes in the A4-R direction. I was thinking blanking lamps too but as far as I can see on this model the blanking is handled by an led at the machine side of the drum which shines through the drum unit to blank the drum. Unfortunately this is where the theory fails as I can change the drum and the problem doesn't change ( since the blanking is done through the drum unit, logic would say that if there was a blanking issue the drum would change that).

Appreciate your help!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    I concur. I would go with a DV unit. The thing that stumps me is that you say you can see the print in the line that is left on the drum? That almost leads me to think LSU. I have seen some bizzare stuff from bad LSU units in the past.
    Thanks Moose! I know you guys are saying dev unit, but I'm not sure how it could be that when there are no strange marks/anomalies on the mag roller. Shame I cant swap the colour and K dev around just to test.

The laser unit could be the issue still ( ive opened it up and cleaned the mirrors - no apparent issues here) which leads me to a electronic fault here somewhere. Yeah the negative text in the black mark on the drum and on the prints leads me to think LSU also. I have some strangeassed faults with LSU just lately ( eg a samsung which just stopped printing any black, no errors no nothing, all colours still working - basically swapped the whole machine around finally changed the LSU and bingo K back on the page! ) so I'm not discounting that at all

Worst part is I dont have any spares at all to interchange with this machine, not keen to buy parts randomly to replace. I hate when I cant put my finger on the fault!!

I appreciate eveyones' help here!

Almost positive it will only be the Laser if the black line has a different pattern and length every time. I still have to go with Moose and others after looking through all the posts that the DV unit is the issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Brush away toner/developer in the area on the magroller. Any buildup on the aluminum sleeve?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Not sure about this model but on other Sharp color boxes you could switch the base plate on the DV unit. This would let you to see if the defect follows the DV unit.

Technician

Dit you tried to print white pages?