Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Re: Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Do I leave the original SD card in the machine and use the USB port with a laptop or do I remove the SD card and plug it in the laptop to copy it?
    remove the SD card and plug it in the laptop to copy it

Do I need to have my blank SD card and the Original SD card plugged in the laptop at the same time?
    No

Or do I copy the original image to the laptop first and then write it to the blank SD card?
    Yes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Quote Originally Posted by acribari View Post
    Ok, I finally got the machine all installed and it has been running good. I had some issues with the finisher but I got that resolved.

Now, I need to use the Raw copy tool and an SD card to copy the on board SD card. I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Can you give me a step by step instruction on this?

Do I leave the original SD card in the machine and use the USB port with a laptop or do I remove the SD card and plug it in the laptop to copy it?

Do I need to have my blank SD card and the Original SD card plugged in the laptop at the same time?

Or do I copy the original image to the laptop first and then write it to the blank SD card?

I just want to be clear on this before I do something wrong.

If you can give me step by step instructions that would be great.

Also, I am guessing this is a regular SD card and not a Micro SD card? I ordered a Regular size SanDisk 16GB class 10 SD card.

Thanks in advance.
    You have the correct SD card. This is the what I do, remove the original SD card from the copier, plug it into your SD card reader on your laptop which will be the source ( Do not format), plug in another sd card reader (target), start and wait, then you are done. I believe you can write it to your pc then back to a target, but I have not done it that way.

Technician

Great!!! Thank you both for the replies. I will try this next call.

Thanks again.

Technician

Grrrrrrr. I have another issue with the finisher. FN-22 finisher. the exit lift errors out. F0-03. Any clues.

I tried a sensor and it still just stutters when it initializes and gives the code.

I had to replace the right arm because the plastic was broken and it was flapping off the shaft. I took it out and put in a used one that looks good. after the error I put back in the original sensor and still same issue. the manual says maybe the lift motor or the logic board.

Or even a loose or unplugged connection. I checked and rechecked all the wires and connections. I get an led 1 light on the board if that means anything. all connections are in. I tried to exercise the motor in sim mode and it does stutter in 3-3 mode. Also shows a red error in the sim screen.

Machine wont initialize now but it did before when the broken lift assembly was in there. I did hear the stutter before on the old one. still get the motor stutter on the new one but now with the code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Technician

I figured it out. One of the exit rollers was not snapped in all the way and it prevented the height sensor from not actuating. After snapping the white roller clip (oval shaped) back on the oscillation assembly the roller is now mounted to the correct height and all is good.

Stupid mistake when I replaced the assembly. I did not check to see if the rollers were snapped in properly.

Thanks again for all the help.

I'm going to let them run the machine for a bit and then get over there to back up the SD card.

I love this forum. You guys are all great and very helpful.