Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MX-5141N Depleted Cyan Developer After Replacement

Looking for a little help on our Sharp MX-5141N machine. We were overdue for color developer replacement, at the same time Cyan developer became depleted and started causing stripping on the prints. Replaced all CYM developer and performed recommended sims. Worked great for about 2000 pages, however the Cyan developer is now depleted again. Anything I should check or replace to find the root of the cyan developer depleting so quickly? Thanks for your help!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-5141N Depleted Cyan Developer After Replacement

Unfortunately this is a known issue, Start by replacing the drum and charge and see if that helps, we had two 4141 machines doing this and this fixed one of them and the other we ended up replacing the MFP power board.

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    Unfortunately this is a known issue, Start by replacing the drum and charge and see if that helps, we had two 4141 machines doing this and this fixed one of them and the other we ended up replacing the MFP power board.
    Hello, thanks for the info! So I could replace the MX-5141N OPC Drum Unit and is it correct that the main charge unit is built in or is that separate? Also, do you know if there is any way to get just the Cyan developer, or is only sold in complete kits? Having a hard time finding just Cyan developer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike557 View Post
    Hello, thanks for the info! So I could replace the MX-5141N OPC Drum Unit and is it correct that the main charge unit is built in or is that separate? Also, do you know if there is any way to get just the Cyan developer, or is only sold in complete kits? Having a hard time finding just Cyan developer!
    Just replace the unit or rebuild with the charge kit and drum. the developer only comes in the three pak .

Just replace the unit or rebuild with the charge kit and drum. the developer only comes in the three pak .
    Thanks for the reply again! Okay great, I will give that a shot. Might just swap the whole thing out. I am the unofficial office printer and copy machine technician, along with my full time job... My theory is the color developer is all the same and some guy in finance at Sharp suggested they put a little of each color toner in it, so it is no longer interchangeable!

Thanks for the reply again! Okay great, I will give that a shot. Might just swap the whole thing out. I am the unofficial office printer and copy machine technician, along with my full time job... My theory is the color developer is all the same and some guy in finance at Sharp suggested they put a little of each color toner in it, so it is no longer interchangeable!
    if you are an end user there are steps you need to go thru when you change the developer that a tech needs to do.

if you are an end user there are steps you need to go thru when you change the developer that a tech needs to do.
    Yes I followed the service manual and confirmed the clearances and performed the recommended sims. I assume that is what you are referring to?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The toner is in there because it is the perfect amount,when the developer and toner mix in the augers they create a electricity and when you run the sims with the new developer it is setting the toner sensor to that perfect amount of toner and then the machine maintains that level as you make copies. I have not done it but others will use whatever color developer they have. The copies will be off color for a while until the toner is used and the correct toner is cycled in. It will gradually go back to normal.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Also make sure to replace the waste toner container!!! What happens is that the waste toner is not replaced causing the foam seals on it to get smashed down, and deformed. This results in waste toner/developer getting "blown" back into the PCU, hence you get a build up on the charge grid. This causes the developer to be sucked out of the developer unit (the charge grid arcs to the drum). This is why you MUST replace developer, PCU (or rebuild) and waste toner container together when this happens. If you just do one or two of these 3 things, you are not fully rectifying the whole problem.
    The Moose is loose!!

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    Also make sure to replace the waste toner container!!! What happens is that the waste toner is not replaced causing the foam seals on it to get smashed down, and deformed. This results in waste toner/developer getting "blown" back into the PCU, hence you get a build up on the charge grid. This causes the developer to be sucked out of the developer unit (the charge grid arcs to the drum). This is why you MUST replace developer, PCU (or rebuild) and waste toner container together when this happens. If you just do one or two of these 3 things, you are not fully rectifying the whole problem.
    Thanks for the information. Was planning on replacing the container as well and have one on order. Will all be here Monday so I will know if that fixes the issue. Thank you all for the help!