Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mx-m654 won't 'add staples'

Here's a new puzzle to solve. When you go to do a staple job it tells you 'add staples'. Customer had the wrong staple bundle in, installed the correct one, but machine says the same thing. Replaced the staple head and the finisher board, problem doesn't change. Went through the web page & sim settings & made sure anything stapler related was enabled. Also flashed the firmware. Checked the sensors & loads. The head will move back & forth and go to home position, but when you put in the staple cart. you hear nothing. No staple advancement. It may be the cartridge itself, but I can't tell anything difference from another cartridge. There's a button on the front of it that advances the staples when it"s pushed by hand. I can't tell what's so different about the cart. Is there anything else I could be missing ? Thank you for your consideration.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Re: mx-m654 won't 'add staples'

There’s a little arm on the bottom of staple cartridge that actuates the sensor. Could be missing on the cartridge

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mx-m654 won't  'add staples'

Yep, a little "teeter-totter" that if you don't know about you'll be forever clueless.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

depending on the finisher.....the fn22 has a weird issue that shows this exact problem...however...its not the stapler or the flag on it or the cartridge. there is a little sensor that looks down on the paper from the upper tray frame area and if that sensor is bad or dirty you will get that symptom. dont remember the sensor name now and cant look at one for a better description but i have fixed this issue before a couple times and both were that sensor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to all. A different caddy fixed it. I still don't know how they managed to knock the flag off when I couldn't even get it out on purpose.