Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp mxm 623

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry Sharp mxm 623

No feed out of big trays 1 or 2. Small Tray 3 fine.tried new tires nothing looks like these puppies aren’t even turning,anyone have any issues with drive and or clutch pack, broken collar gear........In back. Thanks Dave

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp mxm 623

Re: Sharp mxm 623

Usually I will put a pen line across the rollers to tell if they have turned or not. I have not had any drive issues on that model,does not mean there cant be one though. I had one the other day where the paper would not feed out. I saw with the pen line the rollers were turning. It turned out that some paper in the middle of the stack,about a quarter inch thick had bent over corner causing problem. Paper looked fine till I removed it from tray and saw that. I also saw no feed caused by bad rollers that were worn but did not look worn enough to cause no feed at all,but the new rollers fixed it.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

There are 2 one-way clutches that weep oil and can slip on each feed assy. Also check to see if the trays are lifting to the correct position.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How many copies on your machine? Those clutches usually start failing around 1.5-2m, but sometimes randomly too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post
    How many copies on your machine? Those clutches usually start failing around 1.5-2m, but sometimes randomly too.

800 k on it ever see any of the white drive gears kick out at the collar?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

check torque limiters in the lcc1 and lcc2 trays and replace the tandem paper feed drive unit. the tandem drive unit has been a common point of failure since dragon1. also do 50-28 setup auto adjust when new unit is installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    check torque limiters in the lcc1 and lcc2 trays and replace the tandem paper feed drive unit. the tandem drive unit has been a common point of failure since dragon1. also do 50-28 setup auto adjust when new unit is installed.

Thanks!what is Dragon 1 though.......? Where do you get the drive units from and how much? thanks Dave

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

To clarify, I'm talking about the clutches in the tandem drive unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

To clarify, I'm talking about the clutches in the tandem drive unit.

Thanks for info,how much of a beast is it getting that drive unit out and then clutches ...... drive unit looks like 200 vs 70 bucks for 2 clutches.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It's more work getting the tandem drive pack out than it is to rebuild it. Lots of connectors and screws, gotta remove a fan, big motor, swing the lower right board out of the way, etc. Replacing the clutches will be slightly annoying (to line everything up) but overall quite easy. The unit comes with 4 clutches, so that's part of your price difference. Might be worth changing all 4 if customer is keeping the machine for a while. Haven't seen other components of unit fail before - just the clutches - so rebuilding is fine. Be advised the lower white tray liftup motor tends to come unplugged when you remove the unit - it's easy to miss. You're probably looking at a 75-90 minute job to do everything carefully the first time.