Technician

Question Sharp MX-3050V machine takes a long time to bootup.

Good morning,

I have been working on a SHARP MX3050v and for some reason it reboots itself at any given moment for no reason. The device appears to work just fine, I can print and copy and even access the embedded webpage as long as it is running, but if it reboots, sometimes I cannot even access the embedded webpage.

I have tried replacing the hard drive, boot up chip, SD card, and none of these things have worked so far. The device keeps rebooting by itself and when it does that it takes a long time to reboot.

The green light on the power switch is always on and steady. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Copycat

Re: Sharp MX-3050V machine takes a long time to bootup.

hello, Have you tried checking electrical outlets, what kind of surge protectors, i've come across some of those backup batteries go out.. the taking long time is probably because it shuts off the way it does and hdd needs to reset/rebuild it self

these sharps require lots of power any other devices shared

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3050V machine takes a long time to bootup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessetech View Post
    hello, Have you tried checking electrical outlets, what kind of surge protectors, i've come across some of those backup batteries go out.. the taking long time is probably because it shuts off the way it does and hdd needs to reset/rebuild it self
    these sharps require lots of power any other devices shared
    +1 on checking outlets...

I use an ESP 'Smart Envision' analyzer .. it can record 5 different voltage problems, check for gnd>neut.

that will also give you power drops w/ time/date.. these readings can be saved in a .cvs file. The software to control the unit is very simple to use/install on your work laptop.

IF you have major concerns/problems analyzing the readouts, send the .cvs files to ESP, their engineers will diag them for you and make recommendations. (this unit is @ 250$US roughly)

enVision 120 - 208V

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3050V machine takes a long time to bootup.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    +1 on checking outlets...

I use an ESP 'Smart Envision' analyzer .. it can record 5 different voltage problems, check for gnd>neut.

that will also give you power drops w/ time/date.. these readings can be saved in a .cvs file. The software to control the unit is very simple to use/install on your work laptop.

IF you have major concerns/problems analyzing the readouts, send the .cvs files to ESP, their engineers will diag them for you and make recommendations. (this unit is @ 250$US roughly)

enVision 120 - 208V

Another +1 here. The new series of color Sharps require a very clean power source. Virtually all ground to neutral voltage needs to be eliminated. Make sure you are using a high quality surge protector. Where I have seen this exact issue is when the outlet was having major current surge problems. After advising my customer to put the machine on it's own circuit, they haven't had a power problem since.

Technician

Cool Re: Sharp MX-3050V machine takes a long time to bootup.

Thank's Guys I figured out the problem ( Faulty DC power supply).

Copycat