Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-M365 Jamming

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-M365 Jamming

MX-M365 Jamming

Hello, I have this machine jamming comming out of the fuser.I am getting jam codes POD1_n and POD2_NB. All the sensors are testing out good. In 30-01 sensor test there is a sensor showing that it is blocked, it is sensor PRTPD The problem is I dont see any reference to that sensor in the manual or where it is at. This machine also has a right side exit tray. The two sensors in there test good also. I think PRTPD is giving me problems but just cant find it. Probably right under my nose and not seeing it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX-M365 Jamming

Hi

PRTPD. Paper exit tray paper detector. (Right paper exit tray).

Check the wire of the solonoid

MX-M365 Jamming

Quote Originally Posted by OlliK1969 View Post
    Hi

PRTPD. Paper exit tray paper detector. (Right paper exit tray).

Check the wire of the solonoid
    Thanks for the reply-did it show where that sensor was located at. I checked all the sensors in the right side door and the right side paper tray and they are all working. The PRTPD is in the blackened state all the time. Just cant find it. If the solenoid you are talking about is the one for the right exit tray then the wires look ok. I cannot get it to activate but maybe there is no activate code for that solenoid.

MX-M365 Jamming

I found PRTPD location shown in a different manual. This machine manual does not show it and the machine does not have the sensor. Dont know why they put it in the sensor check sim. All pod sensors are working,POD2_NB is the code I get everytime. Also I dont know what the NB on the end means,that does not seem to be listed in the book either.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-M365 Jamming

Is there toner build up on the fuser guides? If so replace segmented transport roller above fuser. There was a bulletin on this.

MX-M365 Jamming

I got the machine fixed. We bought this from a wholesaler,only 20k and looks new. Well someone has had it apart before and the output transport right above the fuser that has POD1 in it-well the gear on the roller shaft with a one way bearing in it was put on backwards so the roller was getting no drive. The fuser would push the paper into those rollers a ways so it looked as if they were turning. Turned the gear around and now all is good. Thanks

MX-M365 Jamming

Unfortunately when buying from a wholesaler, the machine frame, may have seen 20k, but very common for the sub assemblies to be from a machine with much higher count.

MX-M365 Jamming

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Unfortunately when buying from a wholesaler, the machine frame, may have seen 20k, but very common for the sub assemblies to be from a machine with much higher count.
    Most of the machines we sell are rebuilds. Some of the machines make you wonder because the amount of dust and grime dont match with the copycount. But maybe they were at a trucking company or some back warehouse. Our wholesaler is right in our town. They wont let you go mix and match parts to make a good machine,but for sure I dont doubt that has happened. Sometime it makes you wonder why someone got rid of the machine with only 20k Maybe they closed up shop.