MX6240 TB1 blade flip

Hello fellow Tech's. We have a primary transport belt unit that we exchange when we do a major service at a important client, however last week we exchanged the unit as normal, the next day the blade flipped, I replaced the blade with a new one set it up correctly with powder and today that ones flipped to, any idea what's going on. not had this sort of problem in years,

Thanks Woko.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX6240 TB1 blade flip

Annotation 2019-09-13 130942.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by woko View Post
    Hello fellow Tech's. We have a primary transport belt unit that we exchange when we do a major service at a important client, however last week we exchanged the unit as normal, the next day the blade flipped, I replaced the blade with a new one set it up correctly with powder and today that ones flipped to, any idea what's going on. not had this sort of problem in years,

Thanks Woko.
    The cleaner box gets its drive from the belt, ie there is no direct drive to the box other than the belt. On the left hand transfer roller, there are springs on the front and rear that are against the roller to act as a brake. Basically remove these 2x springs so that the transfer roller runs freely, as the roller stalls otherwise and in turn stops the cleaner box from turning, eventually flipping the blade.
    Last edited by chubblies; 09-13-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: pic added

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX6240 TB1 blade flip

Sharp had issued a bulletin back in 15' about the primary belt blade flipping. I personally do not rebuild these units anymore. It is more cost efficient to just replace the whole unit with a new one. Below is the bulletin:

MFP-TB-1257

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    , I will have a look

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX6240 TB1 blade flip

I had one doing that not long ago and no matter what we did it kept happening. Did all the stuff from the bullitens ect. Then for the heck of it we bought that yellow patting powder. In a bulliten it said it is not just yellow toner. The box it comes in says yellow toner on it. I really think it is different because when I used it there was a lot less drag from the blade on the belt. It will probably flip tommorow for saying this but it has not flipped since.