Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX4070-5070-6070 thumping from fuser

We have 4 or 5 of these machines making a thumping noise from the fuser area. We found the resin bushings on the belt roller are very loose and making the noise. We sent a video to our rep for service and he will be addressing it soon. It doesn't seem to be the thumping we used to get on the 2600-3100 fuser bearings, however it does mimic it strongly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX4070-5070-6070 thumping from fuser

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyooo View Post
    We have 4 or 5 of these machines making a thumping noise from the fuser area. We found the resin bushings on the belt roller are very loose and making the noise. We sent a video to our rep for service and he will be addressing it soon. It doesn't seem to be the thumping we used to get on the 2600-3100 fuser bearings, however it does mimic it strongly.
    These fusers are junk, IMO. I know our company has sent in SEVERAL complaints over the last couple of years to Sharp. I feel they refuse to address any issues related to the fuser itself. Instead they issue worthless bulletins to try and mask the obvious issues with them. I have seen where the pressure roller bearings will create quite a bit of noise too when they get worn. They tend to fuse themselves to the press roller because of rust issues. One way to help eliminate this is to grease the shaft ends very well with a high temp grease before putting on the bearings(in a rebuild situation of course.)