Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

MXFWX1 and MXFWX1L install and use

Okay, we have a couple of clients that are tired of poor phone connections and the phone company taking 2 - 5 days to repair. So they now want to add internet fax to the equation. Install is pretty straight forward but there is nothing that I can find on how to operate or setup the rest of the information. I have done the PC-FAX drivers before but both clients want to have cloud fax capabilities (1 to access their faxes from remote locations and 1 to have this option when phone lines go dead) and we are not sure if this will be what they want or even work the way they want. Does anyone have any type of operators guide or manual associated with this add-on, any hands on experience and nuggets of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Have already tried Sharp IDNC and Sharp Americas website including sales and configuration info. So far no joy on any additional information.

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Bil

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MXFWX1 and MXFWX1L install and use

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Okay, we have a couple of clients that are tired of poor phone connections and the phone company taking 2 - 5 days to repair. So they now want to add internet fax to the equation. Install is pretty straight forward but there is nothing that I can find on how to operate or setup the rest of the information. I have done the PC-FAX drivers before but both clients want to have cloud fax capabilities (1 to access their faxes from remote locations and 1 to have this option when phone lines go dead) and we are not sure if this will be what they want or even work the way they want. Does anyone have any type of operators guide or manual associated with this add-on, any hands on experience and nuggets of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Have already tried Sharp IDNC and Sharp Americas website including sales and configuration info. So far no joy on any additional information.Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.
    Bil
    I would think you need more of a Admin or Networking Manual for that.

Per forum rules all manual requests are to be posted in this forum:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I would think you need more of a Admin or Networking Manual for that.

Per forum rules all manual requests are to be posted in this forum:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/
    Am really looking more for anyone who has done this. Does the internet fax option require a 3rd party vendor with the associated cost and if so what recommendations do the have. See there are 2 or 3 vendors specific to Sharp machines but have not used any of them. Currently have all the Sharp manuals that are available for this item as we are a Sharp dealer, or at least all of the ones that I could find. Guess I may need to talk with our rep but thought I would take a shot here first.

Thank you.

Bil

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I BELIEVE>>>>I DO NOT KNOW.......

From what I've been told in the past by Sharp rep (and just because they are a Sharp rep by no means indicates they have all the answers) is that these Internet Faxing kits are not really used in the US, more of a European thing.

My understanding is this is not a fax to email solution, but a machine direct to machine.......meaning the sending and receiving fax must have internet fax capabilities.

**Once again this is not based on any first-hand knowledge and/or experience, just vague info I've been given by Sharp reps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Faxes are so dated, why not use email?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattL View Post
    HIPA regulations

Phil is correct for one of our clients HIPA is a big concern and doctors and providers feel more comfortable with using the secure connection that faxes offer.

Documents sent by fax are able to be considered legally binding, especially if they contain a physical or digital signature. ... While traditional faxing often uses unsecured phone lines, electronic faxes are encrypted using a secure and reliable system to protect your data

Ok, I’m not a tech. Just an IT guy trying to enable I-Fax for a client. This is my first post.

I just installed MXFWX1 on a MX-M623N to enable internet faxing. Everything worked fine when sending from the MFP. However, my dealer was unable to locate the accompanying CD-ROM. This is required to update the driver to enable faxing from a PC. Anyone knows where I can find one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AeroX View Post
    Ok, I’m not a tech. Just an IT guy trying to enable I-Fax for a client. This is my first post.

I just installed MXFWX1 on a MX-M623N to enable internet faxing. Everything worked fine when sending from the MFP. However, my dealer was unable to locate the accompanying CD-ROM. This is required to update the driver to enable faxing from a PC. Anyone knows where I can find one?

Thanks
    Not necessary. PC fax is a different driver that you can download from Sharp. 2 different setups, it's actually pretty straight forward unless you want to add a cover sheet.

Good luck.

Bil