Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070N stripping black developer

Re: MX 4070N stripping black developer

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clumping usually means it has been stored in too high of a heat environment or not shaken enough before installing... my 2cents
    Agreed, had a Mxb42cl bleed out the rear frame side, down to the 1st transfer... Heat and storage...
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The erase lamps at the rear of the machine contaminate really easily and will cause dev pull in no time. You cannot see them easily unless you go into sim 6 to turn them on, but they are tiny and it takes nothing to cover them up slightly which will then cause dev pull (we have had this happen).
    The twisted drum augers is caused by the crappy waste shutter system not opening fully and it is always worth vac'ing the drum frames every visit to avoid them going. The M and C drums seem more prone to this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    The erase lamps at the rear of the machine contaminate really easily and will cause dev pull in no time. You cannot see them easily unless you go into sim 6 to turn them on, but they are tiny and it takes nothing to cover them up slightly which will then cause dev pull (we have had this happen).
    The twisted drum augers is caused by the crappy waste shutter system not opening fully and it is always worth vac'ing the drum frames every visit to avoid them going. The M and C drums seem more prone to this.

This is very interesting, I am starting to see this more and more with M and C. Could you explain a little more what you are talking about with the Erase lamps and which SIM in 6 exactly. I just walked over to a similar system and saw a few choices. I just want to make sure I have this right.

Also, when you say vacuum the drum frames, what are you talking about specifically. Thanks for this!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RascalMJ View Post
    This is very interesting, I am starting to see this more and more with M and C. Could you explain a little more what you are talking about with the Erase lamps and which SIM in 6 exactly. I just walked over to a similar system and saw a few choices. I just want to make sure I have this right.

Also, when you say vacuum the drum frames, what are you talking about specifically. Thanks for this!
    Sorry, typo, sim 5 not 6. Specifically sim 5-04 to test the lamps. I think you just need to cheat the door but you will see them glow orange.
    I always vacuum the part that enters the waste box, as the mechanism is a bit rubbish. It basically has a small plastic pin on the waste bottle that pushes a recessed cap in the drum frame to open the shutter. This mechanism is what I vacuum.
    There are all reports of the front door switch actuator breaking in half, and the debris from it jams the waste bottle drive gearing, so this is also worth checking, though I have never had it.
    In my opinion the magenta and cyan toner is more dusty than the yellow and black, and this dusts up the erase lamps moreso that the yellow and black, which in turn causes the toner to pull excessively whilst the drum is doing a non-copy rotation, (and can cause the waste system to block up) but as well this also drags out the dev over time.
    They run dirty so a vacuum is necessary every visit in my opinion.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    Sorry, typo, sim 5 not 6. Specifically sim 5-04 to test the lamps. I think you just need to cheat the door but you will see them glow orange.
    I always vacuum the part that enters the waste box, as the mechanism is a bit rubbish. It basically has a small plastic pin on the waste bottle that pushes a recessed cap in the drum frame to open the shutter. This mechanism is what I vacuum.
    There are all reports of the front door switch actuator breaking in half, and the debris from it jams the waste bottle drive gearing, so this is also worth checking, though I have never had it.
    In my opinion the magenta and cyan toner is more dusty than the yellow and black, and this dusts up the erase lamps moreso that the yellow and black, which in turn causes the toner to pull excessively whilst the drum is doing a non-copy rotation, (and can cause the waste system to block up) but as well this also drags out the dev over time.
    They run dirty so a vacuum is necessary every visit in my opinion.
    Thank you so much.... We have been struggling with a few of these models. First with motors and now dv dumps... Etc. Ugh