Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Printing from/saving to USB key 3.0 on MX565 & MX5070

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post
    From the user manual (Mxm565) "Use a FAT32 USB memory device with a capacity of no more than 32 GB."

You should be able to use sticks larger than 32gb, however. The size limits printed are usually based on the largest capacities available to test with when the manual was written. Your stick is probably formatted in NTFS (or some other format) which your computer can read but the copier can't.

To check the formatting of your stick: go Start -> Run -> compmgmt.msc, then Disk Management. If Windows won't let you reformat it as FAT32 there are lots of free tools available on the web. Backup first- you'll will lose the files on the drive when reformatting.

I've never heard of a USB3.0 device not working in old equipment - they are backwards compatible. And the machines you mentioned aren't nearly old enough to have issues with USB 3.0, in my opinion.
    Thank you for your feedback on this. This is the most relevant information about this problem I've read here! Some others just didn't read my problem description, or didn't care about why I inquired about this precise function that some clients need...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    wow you really are an arrogant cuss aren't you.

you have had some of the best techs/IT mgrs TRY to help you... but rather than take their expertise on the machines ( you aren't a TECH just a 'Client' as you put it)

23 posts.. 0 rep power ( that means you have joined in a conversation and made HELPFUL suggestions) and have garnered yourself a RED FLAG.

IF you are an end user/ client, and you think that you have received bad tips to fix your issue, maybe it would be better for you just to FORK OUT some cash over and hire a TRAINED tech in your area.

IT is due to END USERS coming into a tech forum, wanting help, THEN you throw a hissy fit when you don't get your way... Spoiled as a baby much?

you now have a BLOCK from this service manager...

you will find after after this little prank of yours, you will not get much help from the Senor Techs here.
    If senior techs can't read carefully a problem description, nor understand the reasons why a function is needed on a copier (therefore offering unrelated advices that doesn't address the issue at hand), then their help isn't very useful. I specifically asked about the use of the USB key on copier, and was dissed because I didn't use the email function instead, so that's a lot more arrogant from my point of view. Don't answer my post in the future if you don't feel like it, but think about it more clearfully as to why I replied like that...

I wanted to reply to other threads some times, but more knowledgeable people here always get to it before I can be of any help. Since my workplace only uses 2 types of copier, I can't do much for others. I'm not a certified tech, but I've been working with copiers since 1995 so I still can do some work done ahead of the techs from our Sharp contract, and not bother them with small stuff that was encountered by other clients. Now if people like me can't post here, juste put it clearly in the rules of the board, and that will be the end of it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jon jennings View Post
    I use a 3.0 stick every day. I would think it must be the manufacturer of the stick you are trying to use.
    Thank you for this reply: that helped to check out a part of the issue. Basic information in a straight answer is always welcome.