Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Printing from/saving to USB key 3.0 on MX565 & MX5070

Quote Originally Posted by PacMusee View Post
    I do it, and many other people do it too. It way faster and easier than going through a computer when the file is ready to print as is. Circumstances do not always permit the use of a computer when you're in another area than your own, and there are none free for your own use as a "visitor". Our entreprise is constitued of many buildings, and printing from USB is way more convenient than crossing the street to go back to our own desk...

Also, scanning to USB is EXTREMELY less problematic than sending out as email when dealing with a big color document! It's direct, so no problem with download/upload speed on the network... ;-)

You need to sell more machines if you have to cross a street to get your print jobs.
    If thats what you have to deal with. Not all New Tech works with all models and may never work. Like printing from your phone.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You need to sell more machines if you have to cross a street to get your print jobs.
    If thats what you have to deal with. Not all New Tech works with all models and may never work. Like printing from your phone.
    What are you talking about?!? I am the client!
    You're missing the point entirely, about our need of the USB functions on copier... It's easy, that's all.

What are you talking about?!? I am the client!
    You're missing the point entirely, about our need of the USB functions on copier... It's easy, that's all.
    Since 99.9% scan to email or folder is not only faster it maintains a record of the scan and who scanned it for security reasons. Some companies disable usb on there machines for security reasons to prevent anyone from scanning sensitive documents with no records. If usb works better for you great it's not the industry standard.

Technician

Then you are of no help here. You do not know what or why we need it for, but only write about your point of view...

Most likely your machine doesn't support usb 3.0 and may never support it.

Your model only supports USB 2.0

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Printing from/saving to USB key 3.0 on MX565 & MX5070

Then you are of no help here. You do not know what or why we need it for, but only write about your point of view...
    ....Wouldn't it be silly for of any of us to try and write about any point of view BUT our own?? ...not to mention slightly arrogant??

You either need to stock up on USB 2.0 drives, or purchase a machine that supports USB 3.0. It's as simple as that. Wish there was a workaround, but there's not.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

USB is USB2.0 on Sharps, but either way it is a really basic way to print, as there is no driver rendering or anything. It is wysiwyg printing and only works with certain PS capable files.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

From the user manual (Mxm565) "Use a FAT32 USB memory device with a capacity of no more than 32 GB."

You should be able to use sticks larger than 32gb, however. The size limits printed are usually based on the largest capacities available to test with when the manual was written. Your stick is probably formatted in NTFS (or some other format) which your computer can read but the copier can't.

To check the formatting of your stick: go Start -> Run -> compmgmt.msc, then Disk Management. If Windows won't let you reformat it as FAT32 there are lots of free tools available on the web. Backup first- you'll will lose the files on the drive when reformatting.

I've never heard of a USB3.0 device not working in old equipment - they are backwards compatible. And the machines you mentioned aren't nearly old enough to have issues with USB 3.0, in my opinion.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Printing from/saving to USB key 3.0 on MX565 & MX5070

wow you really are an arrogant cuss aren't you.

you have had some of the best techs/IT mgrs TRY to help you... but rather than take their expertise on the machines ( you aren't a TECH just a 'Client' as you put it)

23 posts.. 0 rep power ( that means you have joined in a conversation and made HELPFUL suggestions) and have garnered yourself a RED FLAG.

IF you are an end user/ client, and you think that you have received bad tips to fix your issue, maybe it would be better for you just to FORK OUT some cash over and hire a TRAINED tech in your area.

IT is due to END USERS coming into a tech forum, wanting help, THEN you throw a hissy fit when you don't get your way... Spoiled as a baby much?

you now have a BLOCK from this service manager...

you will find after after this little prank of yours, you will not get much help from the Senor Techs here.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I recently noticed a problem on the MX-565 & MX-5070 type of copiers while trying to print a PDF file from a USB key. The key does work on my recent work computer, as I am able to put files on it, but is not recognised on older ones (XP can't handle it). The only difference with previous use of the USB print/save is that the USB key is clearly identified as 3.0. I've used other type of USB stick without problem in the past, and it still works now with older keys. But is it possible that Sharp doesn't recognise the new 3.0 version? When I plug it in a copier, it just isn't recognised like there's nothing plugged in...

Anyone can confirm that they were able to use a 3.0 USB stick on these machine? Because it doesn't work on ours, either as a printing or saving option...

I use a 3.0 stick every day. I would think it must be the manufacturer of the stick you are trying to use.