Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Printing slow from computer

Sharp mx 5140 prints slow.Is there something in print driver i can check?

Re: Printing slow from computer

Technician

Check the connection from the PC to the printer by pinging the machine with "ping 192.168.1.1 -t" from command prompt. Make sure you are using the correct IP address of the copier and not the 192.168.1.1 I used as an example. If the ping drops out you may have a hardware conflict on the network. I've ran into these issues on the 41/40 series multiple times and unfortunately there isn't a definitive fix for it. I usually only see this problem when devices are connecting to the router using WiFi. If I hardwired the offending laptop or PC it goes away. I've also only had it occur with specific NIC cards from certain laptops. I've had the situation occur in a room full of dell laptops and my surface along with another user with a surface have no problems. Sharp doesn't have a fix for it. I've tried all the tech bulletins on the subject and have spent countless hours on the phone with sharp tech support. They may tell you to turn off certain unused services or port options on the copier but it usually doesn't make a difference.

Other than that make sure you are not using the WSD driver. Turn off SNMP. Is this problem only occurring with one pc or multiple?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

1st thing I check is the job log. if it's more than 50k or what ever it's set at...you get slow printing. Delete the job log and VIOLA...fast printing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Agree with NYPRNLA to check the Port in "Printer Properties". Make sure it's not set to a "WSD" port. Is the customer using Windows 10 (notorious for switching printers to this WSD port).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyooo View Post
    1st thing I check is the job log. if it's more than 50k or what ever it's set at...you get slow printing. Delete the job log and VIOLA...fast printing.
    This is 100% true as well. A loaded job log will create a laggy Op panel and overall sluggish performance.

Although everyone wants a top-of-the-line computer, not all options are worthy of consideration. The best way to narrow your choices is by comparing features and pricing. Asus offers a wide variety of computers with some of the best computers on the market at affordable prices. The best option may not be the computer you initially think of buying. Online reviews can also help guide you in choosing the right computer. I can recommend you to take a look at Homepage | 10Roar. These guys have the best computers on the market.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Test the device off the client's network by printing from your own laptop.
    Use a cross-over network cable, create your own network directly with the printer, test using latest print drivers and use the client's documents if you can as well. You'll be able to quickly remove the printer from the equation if it performs normally when printing from your laptop.

I agree with the deleting of the Job Log if its up near 50K. It's best if you also perform HDD Optimization in Device Control after you delete the Job Log. This speeds everything up even further.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NYPRNLA View Post
    Check the connection from the PC to the printer by pinging the machine with "ping 192.168.1.1 -t" from command prompt. Make sure you are using the correct IP address of the copier and not the 192.168.1.1 I used as an example. If the ping drops out you may have a hardware conflict on the network. I've ran into these issues on the 41/40 series multiple times and unfortunately there isn't a definitive fix for it. I usually only see this problem when devices are connecting to the router using WiFi. If I hardwired the offending laptop or PC it goes away. I've also only had it occur with specific NIC cards from certain laptops. I've had the situation occur in a room full of dell laptops and my surface along with another user with a surface have no problems. Sharp doesn't have a fix for it. I've tried all the tech bulletins on the subject and have spent countless hours on the phone with sharp tech support. They may tell you to turn off certain unused services or port options on the copier but it usually doesn't make a difference.

Other than that make sure you are not using the WSD driver. Turn off SNMP. Is this problem only occurring with one pc or multiple?
    Does turning off the SNMP from the copier can help with printing speed?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Does turning off the SNMP from the copier can help with printing speed?
    Probably not so much helping with slow printing. But it will cut down on useless traffic. It's used to communicate "status" of the device which all too often is incorrect. It just gets in the way. I prefer it off also. I also rarely use RAW (port 9100) and stick with LPR. Others may not agree. RAW allows the application to communicate with the MFP and that can slow down the application and the printing; whereas LPR just spools up the print job and sends it all over to the machine and lets it do it's thing.