copierman 250+ Posts
    Utilizing google drive with single sign on

Hi,

i have set up an MX3070 with google drive enabled, also set up a user on the copier to be logged in permanently (device account mode) so that when google drive is selected the user does not need to sign in each time (SSO), however, each time I select the google drive icon, it prompts me for a username and password.

Do I need an G suite account to allow single sign on from this device?
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Utilizing google drive with single sign on

SSO to Cloud Services
    The color Advanced and Essential series has an “Email/Cloud Connect” feature to print from and scan to popular cloud services including:
    • Gmail™ webmail service (OAuth)
    • Exchange Online/Office365®
    • Google DriveTM (OAuth)
    • OneDrive® for business
    • SharePoint® Online
    • Box (OAuth)
    • Dropbox® (OAuth)
    When MFP user authentication is enabled, Single-Sign-On can be enabled to log on to these cloud services for convenience. Users will be asked to enter cloud login information at the first time they use these connect features. Either OAuth or credential is stored on the MFP used to establish SSO. The stored information is encrypted, but if the security is a concern, only the user ID is stored and a password is requested when users access such services, or completely disable single-sign-on to these cloud and email services.
    Device Web page settings:
    - System Settings > User Control >Default Settings > Store user authentication information for External Connect > Enable or Disable

copierman 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    SSO to Cloud Services

- System Settings > User Control >Default Settings > Store user authentication information for External Connect > Enable or Disable
    That's on by default, but the login screen is shown each time I press the google drive screen, even though user authentication is on, thanks for the reply.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Technician

Dont use device account mode, just set a pin code to log in and cancel the timer for auto logout, that way once you have put in the pin code it will SSO to Google once the user has signed in once. Thats the way we have worked around it..