Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp MX-M904 Image Shift

Hello again,

I have a customer that is trying to run perforated tickets on pre perforated paper. The image does not line up in the center of the perforated marks. They can shift it but then it hits the perforated border. If they shift it back it goes to far. Is there some way to image shift in micro increments? maybe 1/2 a millimeter shift ?

Is there a software trick or maybe even a trick on the machine control panel after sending the job to hold?

Thanks in advance. You guys have been very helpful to me on this forum. I am hoping someone has had this issue before and knows the answer.

They only run this job once in a while but they run about 20K impressions for the job. Would be great to get the job lined up properly.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-M904 Image Shift

Quote Originally Posted by acribari View Post
    Hello again,I have a customer that is trying to run perforated tickets on pre perforated paper. The image does not line up in the center of the perforated marks. They can shift it but then it hits the perforated border. If they shift it back it goes to far. Is there some way to image shift in micro increments? maybe 1/2 a millimeter shift ?
    Is there a software trick or maybe even a trick on the machine control panel after sending the job to hold?
    Thanks in advance. You guys have been very helpful to me on this forum. I am hoping someone has had this issue before and knows the answer.
    They only run this job once in a while but they run about 20K impressions for the job. Would be great to get the job lined up properly.
    sounds like they don't have it setup properly... check driver for correct dimensions and/or cardstock type

and yes there is in the SM how to adjust borders etc...

it could be other factors..

guides tight on media?

what side/end is it mis adjusting?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    sounds like they don't have it setup properly... check driver for correct dimensions and/or cardstock type

and yes there is in the SM how to adjust borders etc...

it could be other factors..

guides tight on media?

what side/end is it mis adjusting?
    I will be going over there on Friday. I will get back to you with more details. Basically they have a pre perforated sheet of about 20 tickets or so ( I will look at the sheet to make sure again) and when they try to center the print on each ticket to line up with the perforations they cant image shift it in micro adjustments to center the image on each ticket.

I will try to get an example and explain more after I visit the site again.

Thanks

Sounds like they need to acquire a template for the media they are using.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Sounds like they need to acquire a template for the media they are using.

How do you acquire a template for the media ?

I'm not sure how to do this. I am new on this machine model.

I am actually going over there now to see what I can do.

Any info. would be great. I will report back after the call.

Thanks

The template is acquired from the manufacturer of the media.

Technician

ok, so all the trays are feeding with the paper centered. The bypass tray is the problem. I can't seem to center the image. the bottom of the image is too close to the bottom of the sheet on 12 X 18 paper and card stock. Is there a way to center the bypass tray?

I did the sim 40 - 2 to set up the paper sizes etc.... still same issue.

the bottom is about a half inch off. the image needs to move up. when trying to use image shift up it moves the image down. If I put it on 0 image shift it's the same as no image shift.

Any ideas? Is there a mechanical adjustment in the bypass feeder ? I even tried to slip the gears on the paper tray to make it more centered but it still wont center all the way.

Thanks for any clues.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Does the bypass shift with only the 12x18 or does it do it on all paper sizes? I have never used 12x18 paper before so I dont know if you have to set the bypass for that size or if it recognizes it itself. If it does it with all paper sizes it would be a bypass calibration issue. Did you do the 50-22 bypass auto adjustment?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It looks like according to the operating guide that for 12x18 you would need to manually set the size for the bypass tray under type and size. Otherwise try the 50-22 auto size adjustment for the bypass.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Does the bypass shift with only the 12x18 or does it do it on all paper sizes? I have never used 12x18 paper before so I dont know if you have to set the bypass for that size or if it recognizes it itself. If it does it with all paper sizes it would be a bypass calibration issue. Did you do the 50-22 bypass auto adjustment?
    All sizes. It does recognize 12 X 18 is loaded. I ran sim 40-2 but not sure if I did the correct sim. I have bypass tray Model MX-MF11. it sits on top of the high cap trays 5 and 6. Just wanted to be clear on that just in case.

I can only use the shift function to lower the image on the page. It will not move the image up. When I run Sim 40-2 it errors on the last step at minimum paper size. So I don't know if this is really the sim I should be using.

I can try the 50-22 that you mentioned. I do not see 50-22 in any of the service manuals or the install manual. Are you sure it is 50-22 ?

Thanks for the help. I will have to go back this week maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.
    M1204