Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

Angry scan to file 2640

Wanted to know if anybody else was having any issues with setting up scan to file with their sharp copiers I've done it half 1,000,000 times and for some reason I keep on getting an error just wanted to know if I was retarded or if anybody else is having the same problem

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

Re: scan to file 2640

Quote Originally Posted by lopakad1 View Post
    Wanted to know if anybody else was having any issues with setting up scan to file with their sharp copiers I've done it half 1,000,000 times and for some reason I keep on getting an error just wanted to know if I was retarded or if anybody else is having the same problem
    well just off the bat it would be nice to know:

file?
    folder?
    network server?
    workstation?
    op systems on target drive/system?
    ERROR CODE/MESSAGE?

Phil B. "The Dentist"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

Since the machine was released in 2013, it's likely you're probably going to need a firmware update. With Windows 7 going away, Windows 10 doesn't like SMB v1... It needs v2/v3 to function.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

Just a simple scan to file shared file all the firmware in everything is been all updated to the latest that I can find yet when I send the scan from the copy machine to the computer I get an error on the copy machine that says network timeout error

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

Just a simple scan to file shared file all the firmware in everything is been all updated to the latest that I can find yet when I send the scan from the copy machine to the computer I get an error on the copy machine that says network timeout error
    But sorry if I offend

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There is a firmware update just for the SMB2.

If scanning to a windows 10 computer you need this installed on the copier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

A couple of things to check.

-Has anyone loaded any 3rd party Antivirus/Firewall software on the computer (McAfee, Norton, Zone Alarm, etc)? Look in the Windows Control Panel and check the Firewall settings. If it says some OTHER program is controlling the firewall, you'll need to reach out to them to find out how to configure it...or put it back into the hands of their IT people. Playing around with 3rd Party software can cause issues... and if you change anything and they wind up getting a computer virus, you COULD be held responsible.

-Is their Network set to "Public"? If it is, change it to "Private". Public Networks block file and printer sharing by default.

-If Windows is still the Firewall software, check the Advanced Settings/Inbound Rules, and make sure File and Printer sharing is enabled.

-Another thing to check is your Network adapter. Check the Properties/IPv4/Properties/Advanced/WINS tab, and make sure it's set for "NetBIOS over TCP/IP". Windows 10 is usually defaulted to "NetBIOS over DHCP", and sometimes that will fight your SMB scan feature.

I've had scanning issues in the past where at least ONE of these was the culprit. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    scan to file 2640

You guys are rock stars thanks for the help I'm gonna check into all this. You guys are amazing