Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX2640 - E7-03 Error

I have a recurring issue with e 2640 that it randomly throws a E7-03 code, the customer switches off/on and the machine is again fine for days/weeks before doing it again. Knowing there are issues with SD cards i have been there and replaced the SD Card and updated the firmware to the latest level. I did a 62-02 (I think) and that ran ok and showed no errors but I am thinking maybe the HDD is starting to fail?

AM I correct?

Thumbs up Re: MX2640 - E7-03 Error

HDD 100%

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX2640 - E7-03 Error

Re: MX2640 - E7-03 Error

Seems you have covered your bases, I second the HDD as your next logical solution.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    I have a recurring issue with e 2640 that it randomly throws a E7-03 code, the customer switches off/on and the machine is again fine for days/weeks before doing it again. Knowing there are issues with SD cards i have been there and replaced the SD Card and updated the firmware to the latest level. I did a 62-02 (I think) and that ran ok and showed no errors but I am thinking maybe the HDD is starting to fail?

AM I correct?
    The SD card is the most likely suspect. They start going bad and throw E7-03 and U2 codes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I recommend replacing both the SD card and hard drive together. We make our own sd cards using high quality sd cards which dont fail and use 500gb wd blue 2.5 hard drives as replacement drives. havent had any issues with this solution and have done it probably 25 plus times.

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    I recommend replacing both the SD card and hard drive together. We make our own sd cards using high quality sd cards which dont fail and use 500gb wd blue 2.5 hard drives as replacement drives. havent had any issues with this solution and have done it probably 25 plus times.
    where would i be able to purchase these items or get someone to fix my copier problems?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX2640 - E7-03 Error

Quote Originally Posted by gs461167 View Post
    where would i be able to purchase these items or get someone to fix my copier problems?
    Pick up the phone, spend some money and call a copier repair company to fix your issues.