Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

MX-6201n missing yellow on Sim 61-04

LSU Skew is off ~.5mm (will look into adjusting this). However, 61-04 is devoid of yellow. DV Unit & Drum Unit have been replaced. Thinking about turning LSU screw 5 clicks at a time in either direction to see if shows on paper. Yellow does show up on copies but is ~3mm off.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX-6201n missing yellow on Sim 61-04

Re: MX-6201n missing yellow on Sim 61-04

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    LSU Skew is off ~.5mm (will look into adjusting this). However, 61-04 is devoid of yellow. DV Unit & Drum Unit have been replaced. Thinking about turning LSU screw 5 clicks at a time in either direction to see if shows on paper. Yellow does show up on copies but is ~3mm off.
    have you run color calibration and registration SIM?

50-22 Fails. Reset values in 50-10. Still no good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Cracked drive gear on the Primary Transfer Belt Unit is usually the cause of failing registration adjustments.

But..... if you install the MX6200 Primary Transfer Belt Unit instead of the MX6201 Primary Transfer Belt Unit, you'll often get no yellow or poor registration as the older unit has different follower rollers within the belt unit (helps lower the belt down to the yellow drum, and down onto the registration sensors at the other end).
    I have seen this myself, I have tested it myself.
    The belt unit fits and looks almost identical from the outside, but internally there are differences. B/W copy & print works perfectly, but color registration fails in simulation, and slowly goes out of calibration if set manually during use.

Confirm 64-01 works with yellow. The 64-01 test is sourced from the LSU controller. This will confirm the LSU and all imaging units are OK.
    If 64-04, 64-05 and 64-06 don't work with a certain color, you have a problem with the Laser Driver board interface or harness between the LSU and the driver board (next to MFP). All of those tests are sourced from the MFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    Cracked drive gear on the Primary Transfer Belt Unit is usually the cause of failing registration adjustments.

But..... if you install the MX6200 Primary Transfer Belt Unit instead of the MX6201 Primary Transfer Belt Unit, you'll often get no yellow or poor registration as the older unit has different follower rollers within the belt unit (helps lower the belt down to the yellow drum, and down onto the registration sensors at the other end).
    I have seen this myself, I have tested it myself.
    The belt unit fits and looks almost identical from the outside, but internally there are differences. B/W copy & print works perfectly, but color registration fails in simulation, and slowly goes out of calibration if set manually during use.

Confirm 64-01 works with yellow. The 64-01 test is sourced from the LSU controller. This will confirm the LSU and all imaging units are OK.
    If 64-04, 64-05 and 64-06 don't work with a certain color, you have a problem with the Laser Driver board interface or harness between the LSU and the driver board (next to MFP). All of those tests are sourced from the MFP.
    Belt was put on 700u1 frame to swap out during pm and didn't realize it. Good information to know. All is good with frame swap. Thanks again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Belt was put on 700u1 frame to swap out during pm and didn't realize it. Good information to know. All is good with frame swap. Thanks again.
    That's the one.
    The 700U1 can't be installed in place of the 701U1..... Although it fits and looks identical from the outside.