Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Re: Power Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Looks like it's should be on its own power line. What kind of problem you got? Move the shredder if possible.
    Just a large number of calls and service codes. We're requesting a dedicated circuit or a moving of the machine. The area its in is small plus its a breakroom type area.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Power Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Just a large number of calls and service codes. We're requesting a dedicated circuit or a moving of the machine. The area its in is small plus its a breakroom type area.
    breakroom w/ fridge... coffee pot... microwave... maybe with soda machine.. small toaster oven/toaster.

all those things have a high draw on the circuit .. knowing how wall circuits are laid out .. they might have one or two runs in the room.

i bet if you put an enVision recorder on it you would notice high draws @ 0800-0900 1130-1230/1300 normally the people are running the above appliances in the break room ..

I had Oki MFP's in a manufacturing area (electronics) every time the 3,000# air compressors kick in, one of the 3 assembly lines power would dip and cause the oki's to lose their frigging minds.

put the enVision on each line and a monitor @ compressors .. sure enough the dip was JUST small enough to affect the MFP's but not noticeable in light or other power at the stations.

1 dedicated line split to power the 3 mfp's... viola no more power issues.

their industrial engineer like the enVision he bought one for the shop there. It was about $250usd if I remember correctly.

Mine was really great at pointing out many problems in other buildings

Can be found here: enVision IC 120 - 208V Predictive Analysis Software

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    breakroom w/ fridge... coffee pot... microwave... maybe with soda machine.. small toaster oven/toaster.

all those things have a high draw on the circuit .. knowing how wall circuits are laid out .. they might have one or two runs in the room.

i bet if you put an enVision recorder on it you would notice high draws @ 0800-0900 1130-1230/1300 normally the people are running the above appliances in the break room ..

I had Oki MFP's in a manufacturing area (electronics) every time the 3,000# air compressors kick in, one of the 3 assembly lines power would dip and cause the oki's to lose their frigging minds.

put the enVision on each line and a monitor @ compressors .. sure enough the dip was JUST small enough to affect the MFP's but not noticeable in light or other power at the stations.

1 dedicated line split to power the 3 mfp's... viola no more power issues.

their industrial engineer like the enVision he bought one for the shop there. It was about $250usd if I remember correctly.

Mine was really great at pointing out many problems in other buildings

Can be found here: enVision IC 120 - 208V Predictive Analysis Software
    I totally agree.

Not only can problems be caused by the voltage going low, spikes can be introduced by anything that cycles, such as mentioned.

Those spikes can only be a millisecond or two, but can cause havoc. The spikes are actually worse when the device cycles off, and not on, similar to an ignition coil on an engine, when the EMF field collapses.

Not all models feel it equally. Two similar yet different models from the same manufacturer may feel it differently.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    More useless help from Phil
    Most new machine don't required it. Just put a power filter on it. Like esp
    Please don't let your political differences bring bitching to the technical forums.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Power Requirements

Had a Sharp MX6240 running on a 120v20a circuit with very few problems , given it was a basic box, no lcc, or fin... just a H4 code every couple of months, delivery guys "pig tailed" it, actually was a very good machine, when I last stopped servicing it 3 yrs ago, it was still a good machine.. 220v machine running fine on 110v.... long warmups was the symptom..
    Last edited by Nachoman4life; 02-06-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?