Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sharp mx-3140

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sharp mx-3140

Re: sharp mx-3140

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    also just installed a sharp oem magenta drum and poof the color copies come out with a pink hue dont see a calibration setting like on toshiba when i touch settings on the screen it just says please wait for ever am i crazy or e these machines justr difficult
    Laser power step up,clear the appropriate counter, and recalib. Historious effect. (spelling may be wrong)
    Lets say a new drum, takes 1w, to flip from + to -, 100k pages later it takes 1.5w to make the same change, that is is the H effect. your laser is applying 1.5w, when only 1 is needed, because the machine still thinks it needs 1.5w.. so the laser is overexposing the drum, hence a larger toner pull than needed.
    Last edited by Nachoman4life; 02-06-2020 at 04:15 AM.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Re: sharp mx-3140

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    my customers mx3140 all of a sudden lost its address book so she tried to log in with the password ADMIN to rebuild the book and it says authentication failed so i tried to go into sims and reset the password but there isnt a sim for that apparently sharp raised security on the newer models and i cant reset it and i dont even know if thats the issue it also has address book error 3000
    i do mostly toshiba i used to be a sharp tech back in the 90's any help would be greatly appreciated
    sd card corrupted