Technician

Black strikes on MX-5001N

Hi i'm here requesting your help once again.

I have a Sharp MX-5001 that is leaving a black strike on the middle of the pages. One month ago the printer was leaving the same strikes on the prints and I got a maintenance code (I don't remember the exact number) that the drum had reached the end of its life. I replaced the drum and the cleaning blade, and did all the necessary calibrations as indicated on the service manual. After that I made about 30K prints and there was no issues until yesterday when black stripes appeared on some of the prints.

img20200211_14573404.jpgInkedimg20200211_14531082_LI.jpg

I checked the drum and the cleaning blade and I didn't find any signs of wear. However I noticed that the second transfer belt had a white line and that the prime transfer belt was showing some small lines too.
    IMG-20200211-144751961-LI.jpg Inked-IMG-20200211-144441384-LI.jpg

What do you guys thinks could be the problem? The drum or the transfer belts?

The machine just reached the 300k prints, but it was a second hand machine and I don't know if the company that sold me the printer did any kind of maintenance on it.

Thanks for the help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Black strikes on MX-5001N

Supply us with a 22-6 page. have you run a 64-1 page? What is the count on your maintenance items? When you changed the black drum unit, DID YOU REPLACE THE MK KIT, NOT JUST THE BLADE????, I am assuming you changed both at the same time??? DID YOU CHANGE BLACK DEVELOPER, TOO? What is the count on you primary transfer belt? PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF YOU WANT SOME HELP, PEOPLE, PLEASE, SUPPLY US WITH MORE INFORMATION!! ESPECIALLY, COUNTS ON MAINTENANCE ITEMS!! TONERS, ARE THEY OEM, ETC????
    I do not know about the rest of the techs but my crystal ball broke a long time ago. P.S....clean your ps roller as well, that thing is dirty!
    Last edited by copiertec; 02-12-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Supply us with a 22-6 page. have you run a 64-1 page? What is the count on your maintenance items? When you changed the black drum unit, DID YOU REPLACE THE MK KIT, NOT JUST THE BLADE????, I am assuming you changed both at the same time??? DID YOU CHANGE BLACK DEVELOPER, TOO? What is the count on you primary transfer belt? What is the total count on the machine? PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF YOU WANT SOME HELP, PEOPLE, PLEASE, SUPPLY US WITH MORE INFORMATION!! ESPECIALLY, COUNTS ON MAINTENANCE ITEMS!! TONERS, ARE THEY OEM, ETC????
    I do not know about the rest of the techs but my crystal ball broke a long time ago.
    +3 on this....

and PLEASE when uploading EXAMPLES of the issue Scan to PDF (jpgs soo hard to enlarge) and upload them with you OP.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Primary transfer cleaning problem.....

The line that is shown in the picture of Primary xfer......wipe it gently with your finger or soft cloth

Does the line wipe off?

If so you need.....(most expensive to least)
    • Primary Transfer Unit
    • Primary Transfer rebuild kit
    • Primary Transfer cleaning blade

The blade alone will buy you some time

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Cool Re: Black strikes on MX-5001N

I'm like 99.99% sure it's the Primary Transfer Blade. With great and unfathomable certitude, I know for a fact, that if I was there and I removed that transfer belt unit, and I turn that primary gear by hand. I guarantee you that I would see that belt continue to streak because there is paper lint that has accumulated between that belt and cleaning blade.

Good luck though.

Also, 22-6 would give you better responses.

Technician

Post Re: Black strikes on MX-5001N

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Supply us with a 22-6 page. have you run a 64-1 page? What is the count on your maintenance items? When you changed the black drum unit, DID YOU REPLACE THE MK KIT, NOT JUST THE BLADE????, I am assuming you changed both at the same time??? DID YOU CHANGE BLACK DEVELOPER, TOO? What is the count on you primary transfer belt? What is the total count on the machine? PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF YOU WANT SOME HELP, PEOPLE, PLEASE, SUPPLY US WITH MORE INFORMATION!! ESPECIALLY, COUNTS ON MAINTENANCE ITEMS!! TONERS, ARE THEY OEM, ETC????
    I do not know about the rest of the techs but my crystal ball broke a long time ago.
    Sorry for not providing the necessary info. I attached the 22-6 print you suggested.
    When I replaced the drum I also replaced the cleaning blade and the developer (only the black one).

test_compressed.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Primary transfer cleaning problem.....

The line that is shown in the picture of Primary xfer......wipe it gently with your finger or soft cloth

Does the line wipe off?

If so you need.....(most expensive to least)

Primary Transfer Unit
    Primary Transfer rebuild kit
    Primary Transfer cleaning blade

The blade alone will buy you some time
    You're right I can wipe the line easily using a cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    I'm like 99.99% sure it's the Primary Transfer Blade. With great and unfathomable certitude, I know for a fact, that if I was there and I removed that transfer belt unit, and I turn that primary gear by hand. I guarantee you that I would see that belt continue to streak because there is paper lint that has accumulated between that belt and cleaning blade.

Good luck though.

Also, 22-6 would give you better responses.
    It seems to be as you say.

Hopefully I can do this on my own. Im am not a technician, this was a leased printer and then I bought it from the leasing company but they suddenly disappear and the is not a single SHARP service center near me, so I had to perform all the maintenance by myself.

UPDATE* Just got TK1 and TK2 codes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You have 300k on the primary transfer unit and secondary transfer unit, so it's time to replace the kits, Sharp MX-310Y1 and Sharp MX-410Y2. They are not that tough, just follow the instructions in the service manual, make sure not to crease the Y1 belt, as the creases will show up on printed pages, also, I am assuming you do not have powder for the Y1 belt, in this case you can use the waste toner to powder it with. Take some waste toner put it on the belt and spread it out with a towel. The reason you are doing this is so the new cleaning blade does not flip, if the belt flips 8 times out of 10, it ruins the belt. Also, once both Y1 and Y2 kits are replaced, go into your 24 sims and clear the belt codes. Once your done with all of this, calibrate the copier once again.
    Also, when you changed the drum and cleaning blade, I hope you replaced the charge unit as these build up with ozone and affect copy quality ( MX-310MK). Also, please clean that ps roller in your first picture, it's dirty.
    Last edited by copiertec; 02-12-2020 at 04:46 PM.