Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX4071 w/ MXFR62U

MX4071 w/ MXFR62U

Customer requires that the "Image Resend" feature be disabled.

EASY...."Settings (administrator)", select [System Settings] → [Image Send Settings] → [Condition Settings] → [Enable/Disable
    Settings]→ [Disable [Resend] on Fax/Image Send Mode].
    This setting disables the [Resend] key in the base screen of image send mode.

PROBLEM... Although the "Image Resend" feature is disabled, the button still shows when scanning in either EASY MODE or DETAILS MODE, And when selected you see the sending history, you can't select them but you can see the Send History

This particular customer requires the Send History to be non-existent or at very least invisible.

Any ideas? Seems like it should be possible.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MX4071 w/ MXFR62U

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Customer requires that the "Image Resend" feature be disabled.

EASY...."Settings (administrator)", select [System Settings] → [Image Send Settings] → [Condition Settings] → [Enable/Disable
    Settings]→ [Disable [Resend] on Fax/Image Send Mode].
    This setting disables the [Resend] key in the base screen of image send mode.

PROBLEM... Although the "Image Resend" feature is disabled, the button still shows when scanning in either EASY MODE or DETAILS MODE, And when selected you see the sending history, you can't select them but you can see the Send History

This particular customer requires the Send History to be non-existent or at very least invisible.

Any ideas? Seems like it should be possible.
    I'm looking at my 3570.

Under: System Settings > Common Settings > Operation Settings > Easy Mode Settings, you can remove "History" from easy scan.

I'm looking for how you can remove that "Sending history" from that drop down menu. But I can't find it.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX4071 w/ MXFR62U

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Snip...

I'm looking for how you can remove that "Sending history" from that drop down menu. But I can't find it.
    Wouldn't that defeat the DSK's function of "transparency" of knowing 'where, when, and to whom' documents were sent? Maybe, I don't fully understand the function of the DSK.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX4071 w/ MXFR62U

With or without the DSK all that can be managed by an admin. The issue is that now someone walking up to the machine can see the addresses of previous send operations.

The point being that the destination itself is not secret but the fact that machine sent something to said destination is the problem.

Example.... Bob,nosey employee #1 sees Fred (Head of acquisitions) scan a document.......Bob goes to machine touches resend.....he sees that Fred has just scanned a documnet to someone at a similar company.....

The DSK protects / erases any trace of document, but should also at least hide previous actions.

Even though the contents of document are secure the fact that person#1 can see that person #2 sent to person #3 is often times enough to start trouble.