Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp mx 2010u new cont execute sim 46-74

I just setup a brand new sharp copier mx 2010u every this is working fine except that the colour density is very light and wanted to perform engine auto adjustment using the sim 46-74 everything went on will and the colour patch is printed but when i placed it on the document glass and execute it execute alright but then ask to place the printed test patch and execute, again.. cant get to succeed..
    any idea on how to correct this pls

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp mx 2010u  new cont execute sim 46-74

Re: Sharp mx 2010u new cont execute sim 46-74

I hate to ask but have you tried rotating the test print 180 degrees on the glass?

Machine will give that message if you have wrong orientation of test print

Technician

yes please, i have tried all kinds or angles/ rotated in all angles and even retried the procedure using A4, A3 and letter papers and rotating them in all angles but it is still not reading the date.
    Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    I hate to ask but have you tried rotating the test print 180 degrees on the glass?

Machine will give that message if you have wrong orientation of test print

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Try doing the auto calibration in system settings first then go back to the simulation.
    I would also try these simulations in the following order
    44-27
    44-2
    44-6
    44-26
    Then do 46-74 or you can even do 46-24 and 67-24 (copy and print calibrations) separately
    These are not really required for the most part anymore but if I am having weird issues I like to do every one of them. But try the customer autocalibration first to see what happens.

Good luck

Bil

Technician

all procedure followed everything seceeded and the pattern is printed but still when placed on the document scanner it is still asking to place the printed patch.. so wired that i dont even know where to look

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Try doing the auto calibration in system settings first then go back to the simulation.
    I would also try these simulations in the following order
    44-27
    44-2
    44-6
    44-26
    Then do 46-74 or you can even do 46-24 and 67-24 (copy and print calibrations) separately
    These are not really required for the most part anymore but if I am having weird issues I like to do every one of them. But try the customer autocalibration first to see what happens.

Good luck

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

The only thing left if you've done the steps mentioned (and you're sure the patch density is pretty good), is the Black Mag adjust and OC adjust in sim 50-28. Sounds like the calibration patches are not being read correctly. Your scan magnification is probably out of spec. Have seen this on many Gemini and Aries devices. Black Mag and OC adjust will fix both the scan distance and the size of the patches on the sheet. If one or both are out, you get the message you've mentioned.
    Also, please advise what the firmware version is. This is a model originally released in about 2015, and you've said it's brand new. Make sure you update the firmware!
    Run Black Mag Adjust, then try the normal 46-74 again.

Technician

please i have done above and still the same message, kindly show me how to check the firmware version so i can get the firmware to update and try that option too
    Many thanks

document is up to the top left corner of glass?

Are the calibration pages that print out of good quality, are the color boxes solid?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

check your try alignment. do 50-28 for each tray setup/print adj then all. pages go on glass with colored square to the left. keep them in order. If that machine doesnt have auto adj you will have to do each manually in 50-10