Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX-M350N Streaking, Developer, Toner, Printing issues.

I am a basic user who has an officemate who purchased a used Sharp MX-M350N. It worked fine for several hundred copies, but would develop issues that I was able to repair after reading posts regarding similar issues on this forum. Unfortunately, I do not know what to do with this current issue.

I have attached images of the problem. No matter how much I clean the interior of the device or wipe down the photoconductive drum, I still receive the streaks. I replaced the toner cartridge, developer unit, photoconductive drum, and process unit. Even without placing an item on the copier or sending a file that is completely blank, it prints dark streaks on both sides of the paper. The inside of the machine becomes dirty from either toner or developer. I cannot tell which one it is.

Obviously, the copier is old. There is no tech support in my area for sharp copiers. This forum is my last hope. Your advice has helped me keep the copier running thus far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: MX-M350N Streaking, Developer, Toner, Printing issues.

Check the waste toner reservoir on the front of the toner cartridge. If its filled up, chances are the gears that drive the waste toner auger are shot. It leaves all that funk on the page when the waste toner has no place to go anymore.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX-M350N Streaking, Developer, Toner, Printing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cutdog View Post
    Check the waste toner reservoir on the front of the toner cartridge. If its filled up, chances are the gears that drive the waste toner auger are shot. It leaves all that funk on the page when the waste toner has no place to go anymore.
    This is exactly right. The end of the auger will twist off, and the waste toner won't be carried off. Your only hope is that somebody here has an drum cleaning unit in good shape. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

replace the entire drum unit...and new drum. make sure firmware is updated prior to doing this. sharp extended the run time and start and end of jobs to move more waste toner to prevent backup and gears twisting.