Technician

Mx-m264n F2-64 error

Hi. I have problem with sharp mx-m264n. Error F2-64. I change toner cartridge - not help. Check toner motor - working. Developer changed 2 weeks ago and now the problem occurs. In sim 25-1 show 127. Developer gears looks ok and move freely. Toner density sensor? What else to check? Do sim 14, u1, U2 - didn't help. Anyone of you has this issue? Any ideas?

Re: Mx-m264n F2-64 error

Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
    Hi. I have problem with sharp mx-m264n. Error F2-64. I change toner cartridge - not help. Check toner motor - working. Developer changed 2 weeks ago and now the problem occurs. In sim 25-1 show 127. Developer gears looks ok and move freely. Toner density sensor? What else to check? Do sim 14, u1, U2 - didn't help. Anyone of you has this issue? Any ideas?
    Make sure that you are using OEM toner. Remove the Toner motor and check physically if it is running thru simulation pinch the motor gear check if it can drive if the toner is attached. Check the transport pipe, Try another developing unit or PCU board.

Technician

Hi ,
    I had the same issues, customer had non OEM toners, Shake the heck out of the toner cartridge, OEM or Aftermarket, seem like the toner was all stuck on back side, watch how customers are storing toners, always must be flat..Good Luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Mx-m264n F2-64 error

Had one doing that multiple times also. We switched to oem toner. Replaced developer multiple times. Replaced the toner sensor in the dev unit. Replaced the entire developer unit. Last call I put new firmware in it and it has been a while now without problem coming back. Firmware worth a try.

Technician

Tomorrow I'll try change some parts. I have exactly the same model in my office and it work properly so we will see. Thanks for hints.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I tend to agree with all posts so far. I have seen DV units go bad as well as toner tubes getting clogged. OEM toner only on these. Aftermarket toners generally cause over/under toning and require dv replacement to resolve. update the firmware for sure. I know at some point it was updated to prevent false F2-XX codes. lastly....check your voltages. check at the wall and out of dc power supply and at each major board. I know this seems odd but I had a couple machines only outputting 22v on the 24v line and those were throwing random toner/dv related codes.