Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sharp MX-4101n error F1-00 finisher error

At original service call couldn't get message to go away even after on/off and unplug until I messed with 3 wire cable harness that attaches to up/down exit tray. Reset copier and it worked fine. But all that harness feeds is paper detect switch on exit tray with 3 wires (?). Shouldn't that just show a jam? Or perhaps if a 5 volt wire is cracked it might show that F1-00 code? At the moment just twisted wires where they flex and it's working at this moment. Thanks

Not a Sharp tech (took over for another who beat me to retirement) so not even sure where to get the new harness.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-4101n error F1-00 finisher error

which finisher does it have? I can get you a part number for the harness. FYI this needs to be fixed cause those models are prone to blowing boards from the disconnecting of finisher harnesses with the machine powered on. all Sharp machines are prone to this actually.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-4101n error  F1-00 finisher error

You have a communication error from finisher pwb to main body pwb. First thing to do is cut all wire straps between these two boards. Sharp is prone over tightening straps and you can get lots of intermittent problems.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

With power off, and finisher cable disconnected, try pushing the the female connector on the machine side. I've seen the 'molex' connector lock tabs worn and not locking it in place so that the finisher cable could seat correctly.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    With power off, and finisher cable disconnected, try pushing the the female connector on the machine side. I've seen the 'molex' connector lock tabs worn and not locking it in place so that the finisher cable could seat correctly.
    Thanks for reply. The finisher on this copier from what I was told is an internal finisher not a stand alone finisher. Do you mind telling me where cable is located? I can slide the finisher (elevator tray section) away from where the paper exits the machine (after fuser) but no apparent cable is visible.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partly retired View Post
    Thanks for reply. The finisher on this copier from what I was told is an internal finisher not a stand alone finisher. Do you mind telling me where cable is located? I can slide the finisher (elevator tray section) away from where the paper exits the machine (after fuser) but no apparent cable is visible.
    Internal or external, it's the white cable that plugs into and secured with a screw to the left side of machine.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --