MX3640n - Error Codes F2-73 and F2-67

I have a MX3640n getting the error codes above. It's been so bad that we swapped the machine with the same machine and it worked for half a day and the same errors came up. I've swapped all my toner it seems to be yellow, my thought it that a toner is perhaps shorting out the chip reader or something. All the toner levels and develop has all been replaced after getting this message. I ran 25-01 & 25-02 as well as 16.

I have a company troubleshooting with the Sharp, any ideas? Is there anyway to bypass the error messages to at least use scanning and fax functions?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX3640n - Error Codes F2-73 and F2-67

I would try a brand new OEM Yellow toner cartridge. From what I understand from your post, the problem followed over to the replacement machine with the same toner cartridges that were in the original machine. If this is correct, you need to change out the cartridge with a new one. It's not uncommon to have a bad cartridge right out of the box, even with OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith46 View Post
    I would try a brand new OEM Yellow toner cartridge. From what I understand from your post, the problem followed over to the replacement machine with the same toner cartridges that were in the original machine. If this is correct, you need to change out the cartridge with a new one. It's not uncommon to have a bad cartridge right out of the box, even with OEM.

it did follow, but we had a new one from my provider and I had 3 full ones that we tried. Thoughts on if a toner could corrupt the machine itself or burn out the reader in some fashion on it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

The other solution is the PCU PWB but a different machine rules that out so i would next suspect the power supply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the developer inlet for toner. Just had one do this with K. It was clumped up in the toner inlet, and it would throw toner cartridge errors. It tries to ad for so long, and when it does reach the desired toner level it will throw a toner, or developer error. It tends to think that the toner cartridge is not working correctly. I have also got the code for a bad toner level sensor.
    The Moose is loose!!

It was the power supply! Strangest thing. Swapped the protector it was on and worked like new!